Located in Charmouth, Dorset
Enjoying a delightful position in the pretty seaside village of Charmouth, this lovely cottage makes a tranquil and relaxing base for a family or a couple exploring the beautiful Jurassic Coast.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: No
Situated in a delightful part of the Dorset Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the picturesque seaside village of Charmouth is an idyllic getaway on the Jurassic Coast. There are miles of wonderful coastal and rural walks to enjoy, including the Monarch’s Way and Liberty Trail, or you could try a spot of fossil hunting on Charmouth’s stunning beach. Just a couple of miles away is the historic town of Lyme Regis, famous for its associations with Jane Austen and Henry Fielding, and home of the 13th-century Cobb Harbour. The town has plenty of great pubs, restaurants, cafes and independent shops as well as a theatre, cinema and a popular sandy beach with a promenade offering fantastic views across Lyme Bay.
Lovingly restored and retaining many original features including exposed beams, slate flooring and a wood burner set in an inglenook fireplace, the cosy and inviting lounge makes an ideal space for relaxing in. You can also snuggle up and watch a movie on the TV/DVD. A couple of steps lead up to the delightful dining room which is perfect for sharing a great family meal and which also features a window seat and iPod dock. One step leads up from the lounge to an attractively designed galley kitchen fully equipped with an electric oven and gas hob, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and microwave. There is also a ground-floor WC and a washing machine housed under the stairs. Heading upstairs there are two comfortable bedrooms: one dual aspect double room with an en-suite shower room with WC, and a twin room. You will also find a bathroom complete with a bath and WC.
The kitchen door leads you out into the enclosed garden, which can be reached via six steps. Backing onto open fields, this charming garden features a series of paved and gravelled terraces surrounded by shrubs, climbers and flowers. Complete with garden furniture, this is a lovely space to sit out and unwind in at the end of the day.
- A cosy and welcoming cottage ideal for couples and families set in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Enjoy wonderful coastal and rural walks from the doorstep
- Stroll to the beach where you can hunt for fossils
- Perfect for exploring Dorset’s Jurassic Coast and South West Coast Path
- 2 bedrooms 1 en suite double, 1 twin
- 2 bathrooms 1 en suite shower room with WC; 1 bathroom with bath
- Separate WC downstairs
- Kitchen electric oven, gas hob, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, microwave
- Washing machine under the stairs
- TV/DVD in lounge
- Woodburner (first basket of logs included October end of April)
- iPod dock
- Enclosed rear garden with furniture, please note the garden is reached via 6 steps and has low walls in places, children to take care
- Roadside parking
- Wi-Fi included
- Regret no dogs
- Central heating and electric included
- Please note daytime traffic noise is to be expected
- Beach ½ mile
- Shops 600 metres
- Pubs 300 metres
Charmouth is a beautiful, unspoiled seaside village near Lyme Regis. For families, it is a chance to unwind and enjoy the charm the village has to offer. The village has two traditional pubs, as well as cafes. There are a post office, convenience store and bakers. The village is very picturesque and the National Trust controls significant portions of the scenic areas around the town. The area, famed for its fossils on the sandy beach is part of the World Heritage Jurassic Coast. Join in with a guided fossil hunt or visit the fossil centre to learn more. The beach is famous for its sandy shore and gently shelving waters make it the ideal family beach