Located in West Bay, Dorset
Cosy, bijou cottage tucked within a tranquil coastal village in the verdant countryside of West Dorset. Close to Bridport and with beautiful views it's the perfect base for a romantic break.
- Sleeps: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: 1
This charming, compact cottage is stone-built with a contemporary wooden extension and dates back over 300 years in parts. It is set in a peaceful location tucked behind a row of stone cottages leading down to the beach and is ideal for a romantic getaway. With some of the Jurassic Coasts best-known landmarks on the doorstep, including Golden Cap, it is the ideal spot for walkers, fossil hunters and those wishing to get back to nature. Visit the local pub or take a trip to one of the many pretty towns and villages that are accessible from here, including nearby Bridport and Lyme Regis, both with picture-postcard streets offering a good selection of cafes, boutique shops and restaurants. Good road links ensure this is the perfect base for touring West Dorset and South Devon.
A shared pathway leads you from the road to the private gate leading to the entrance of this single-storey cottage. The front door brings you into a bright lounge area with French doors overlooking the garden to make the most of the view beyond. Take time out to relax and unwind here, whilst looking out across the fields. Careful use of space means you can enjoy relaxed meals for two around the table, before settling down to watch a film on the Smart TV or via the Amazon Firestick or listen to your favourite music on the Amazon Echo. A door and step up leads to the galley kitchen, which is well equipped with an electric oven and induction hob, fridge with ice compartment and built in microwave. Leading on from here is the compact stylish shower room with WC. Through the kitchen is an open bedroom space with a double bed and beautiful natural features.
Heading outside there is a multi-level decked area and lawn enclosed by pretty borders and low stone walls, with garden furniture and lovely views across pastureland. This is the perfect spot to relax with a drink or set up the hammock and settle down with a book. There is an off-road parking space available for one car, a short walk from the property.
- Cosy, single-storey detached stone cottage tucked away in a peaceful coastal location
- Perfect getaway for couples looking for a tranquil retreat with uninterrupted views over fields
- Stroll to the nearby beach where you can spend lazy days or explore the South West Coast Path
- Access to a variety of footpaths and open countryside
- 1 double bed
- 1 compact shower room with WC
- Electric oven and 2 ring induction hob, fridge with ice compartment and microwave
- Washer/dryer located in the utility cupboard
- Electric and electric heating included
- Wi-Fi included
- Bed linen and towels included
- Amazon Echo for music and local information
- Smart TV with Amazon Firestick in the lounge area
- 1 dog welcome
- Enclosed garden with furniture, BBQ and a hammock to relax in
- Off-road parking for 1 car a couple of minutes' walk from the property, it is possible to stop your car briefly outside the cottage to load/unload
- Shop 2 miles, beach and pub within walking distance
With the stunning golden glow of the majestic sandstone cliffs, West Bay is the" Golden Gateway" to the Jurassic Coast. West Bay offers some stunning landscapes to explore, with breathtaking views from its cliff tops. The village features in the Good Beach Guide as achieving the highest award for seawater quality. East Beach stretches as far as you can see along Chesil Beach to Portland Bill. West Beach is ideal for younger children as it has a protective cove and is sandy. In the summer, a lifeguard service watches over the waters of both beaches. The town, harbour, and beach were the location for the series Broadchurch which has made this previously hidden gem even more popular with visitors.