Located in Beaminster, Dorset
Full of character and charm, this quaint and cosy cottage is the perfect bolthole for a romantic retreat. Explore the nearby markets and visit the historic seaside resort of West Bay on the Jurassic Coast.
- Sleeps: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: 1
Studded in a row of picturesque Grade II listed stone cottages, this property offers a delightful countryside escape. It lies just 200 yards from Beaminster’s bustling market square and is surrounded by four of Dorset’s highest peaks, offering excellent walking and cycling routes. The historic town of Bridport is 6 miles away, with the charming West Bay fishing village – famed for being the setting for TV drama ‘Broadchurch’ – just 8 miles away.
Enter through the porch and into a hall, where there is space to hang your coats and kick off any muddy boots or sandy shoes, then immediately step into the spacious and welcoming lounge. With a flagstone floor and a wood burner within a large beamed inglenook fireplace, here you will feel in the heart of the countryside as you watch the TV or play music on the iPod dock. The open-plan kitchen/dining room has an oak floor and worktops and has French doors leading to the secluded garden. You will find the kitchen area well-equipped with an oven and hob, microwave and dishwasher. Head up the quirky cottage-style stairs and into the beamed king-size double bedroom, watching your head on the reduced height eaves. Here you will also find the bathroom with a shower over the bath.
The pretty south-west facing walled garden has a limestone paved terrace where you will find the BBQ – fire it up on warmer evenings and enjoy dinner alfresco – as well as a lawned area and a variety of plants and shrubs. Roadside parking is on the lane, subject to availability, or there is a long stay car park approximately 5 minutes walk away.
Dogs are charged at £20 each per full or part week.
- Couples can retreat to this charming character cottage with pretty south-west facing walled garden
- There is an abundance of walks and cycle routes to explore in the area
- Located in the Dorset Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with the Jurassic Coast just a short drive away
- 1 king-size bedroom
- 1 bathroom with shower over bath and WC
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge and dishwasher
- Freezer located in the under stairs cupboard
- Woodburner (first basket of logs included beginning October until end of April, kindling and firelighters are not provided)
- TV/DVD and iPod dock in the lounge, TV/DVD in the bedroom
- Wi-Fi is available
- Steep, cottage-style stairs
- Enclosed garden with paved terrace, lawn and seating
- Street parking available nearby
- 1 dog welcome
- Shop and pub 200 yards, beach 7 miles
- Regret no children under the age of 12
Beaminster is a small, picturesque town in the heart of West Dorset's Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The town has many local artists living here. In fact, the Beaminster Festival held in late June celebrates local artists and much more. Beaminster has two supermarkets, craft shops, and a cafe. Natural beauty is all around this town and an array of walks to explore either by foot or by bike. If you prefer to try something a little more unusual, explore the area in the company of Llamas or Donkey Walking Adventures. Mapperton House and Gardens is not only beautiful but is also free to RHS members. It lies just a short distance away and is a great day out. It is no stranger to featuring in films, you may have seen it in Daphne Du Maurier's "Rebecca". Famous faces you may see in the town include Martin Clunes who has now been a resident of the area for many years.