Located in Nottington, Dorset
Bridge Cottage is a spacious converted barn has been sympathetically converted to retain plenty of original charm.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: No
Situated on a working farm of cattle and horses, this semi-detached property is surrounded by 130 acres of land and is perfectly positioned to enjoy the delights Dorset has to offer. Approached via a farm lane and overlooking the working farm, guests are welcome to roam the land and see the animals. While away the hours exploring the beautiful surrounding countryside dotted with small picturesque villages. This part of Dorset is famed for the stunning Jurassic Coast, which is a Natural World Heritage Site and can easily be joined from the cottage in under two miles. The surrounding coastline offers breathtaking scenery, cliff top walks and fossil-rich beaches and provides excellent conditions for diving, canoeing/kayaking, windsurfing/kite surfing, fishing and sailing, with the 2012 Olympic sailing venue in Portland. Discover the wealth of places to visit including Weymouth with its seafront, beaches, harbour, Abbotsbury Swannery, Lulworth Cove and Castle, Durdle Door and much more.
Spacious and bright, this property boasts an attractive high ceiling in the living area, exposed beams and ceiling trusses, wooden flooring and exposed stonework. Prepare delicious meals in the open plan kitchen area, which contains an electric oven and hob, dishwasher, microwave, fridge/freezer and washer/dryer. Enjoy meals around the dining table nearby, which overlooks the patio through French doors, before retreating to the cosy lounge area to make the most of the TV/DVD. Also on the ground floor is a light and airy twin bedroom as well as a modern shower room. An exposed staircase leads up to a galleried level and a charming double bedroom, which has sloping ceilings and Velux windows.
Heading outside, there is an enclosed garden which has a patio area with garden furniture, a BBQ and lawn area, perfect for long sunny afternoons dining al fresco.
- Beautifully converted barn with open-plan sociable layout, original beams and stonework retained throughout
- Situated in a peaceful spot on a working farm with cattle and horses surrounded by 130 acres
- A few miles from the Dorset coast and its wonderful cliff-top walks
- 2 bedrooms 1 galleried double and 1 twin
- 1 shower room with WC
- Kitchen electric oven and hob, dishwasher, microwave, fridge/freezer and washer/dryer
- TV/DVD in lounge
- Wi-Fi is available
- Heating night storage heating in the living areas and electric heating in the bedrooms
- Electric is included, however, there is an additional 20 per week for electric from November to Easter
- 1 dog welcome
- Off-road parking for 2 cars
- Enclosed garden with patio, lawn, garden furniture and BBQ
- There is a pond at the back which is fenced off from the property but please take care with children
- Within easy reach of Weymouth, Abbotsbury Swannery and Lulworth Cove
- Sandy beach and shops 4½ miles, pub 2 miles
Nottington is a hamlet beside the River Wey sandwiched between Dorchester and Weymouth. Nottington was well known for the striking shape of the Spa House built in 1830. The Spring attached to the Spa house claimed to have great power to cure all manner of sickness including cancer. The Spa is now a private house. The nearest local shop is in Broadwey. Nottington makes a great base to stay for those who enjoy the quieter pace of county life. In conclusion, it allows for a great rural holiday with very easy access to the coast.