Located in Shaftesbury, Dorset
Brook Cottage is a charming, single storey barn conversion sleeps 4 people in the pretty Dorset village of Milton on Stour and is pet-friendly.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: 1
Brook Cottage was originally built as a barn but has been tastefully converted to offer accommodation for four people; ideal for small families or a small party of friends. The cottage has been built over a brook and has retained much of its original character through the exposed beams that can be found throughout. All the accommodation is laid out over one level and there is a large, enclosed patio area beside the stream; perfect for enjoying a spot of al fresco dining in the long, summer evenings. There is off-road parking for 1 car and the local amenities are a mere 10-minute walk from the front door.
Brook Cottage is a single story barn conversion in the sleepy village of Milton on Stour. The cottage oozes charm with a babbling brook and a wealth of exposed beams, spacious open plan living and views over the brook from the master bedroom. Lovely walks surround the barn and there is a huge choice of what to do and see in the area that a week simply won't be long enough.
The accommodation at Brook Cottage is all on the ground floor and comprises of an open plan living area with TV with Sky and DVD player, dining area with table and chairs and kitchen equipped with electric oven with halogen hob, microwave, fridge and washing machine. There are two bedrooms, a master bedroom arranged as a double with a high-beamed ceiling and views over the water and a twin room. The bathroom has a bath with a shower over, basin and toilet. A cot and highchair can be made available upon request.
Outside there is a large, enclosed patio area complete with furniture set beside the stream. There is off-road parking for two cars and the barn accepts one well behaved dog for an extra £10 for the week. There is a shop just 8 minutes walk away with a bar 10 minutes walk away. Your fuel, power, bed linen and towels are all included in the price.
- All ground floor
- Two bedrooms: 1 x double with high-beamed ceiling and view over the stream, 1 x twin
- Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC
- Open-plan beamed living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with electric fire
- Storage heaters with electric fire in the sitting area
- Electric oven with halogen hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with basic Sky package, WiFi and DVD player
- All fuel and power included in the rent
- Bed linen and towels included in rent
- Cot and highchair available on request
- Off-road parking for 2 cars
- Large enclosed paved patio area beside the stream, with garden furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome at £10 per week
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 8 mins walk
- Bar in local hotel 10 mins walk
- Note: Although the stream is fully fenced off, young children should be supervised
- Note: The owner runs a small touring caravan site at Milton Farm, this is located some distance from the property, and is not visible
Shaftesbury is one of the highest and oldest towns in England, a beautiful town sitting in a glorious landscape. The town is the home of Gold Hill, made famous by the “Hovis” advert and with views across the Blackmore Vale and thatched cottages, it is very picturesque. The main shopping is around the High Street where there are lots of small, independent retailers as well as coffee shops and cafes and you will find craft shops down the side streets. Shaftsbury market takes place on Thursdays and sells local produce, all against the backdrop of Gold Hill and spectacular views.
In July, the Gold Hill Fair is a weekend event with music, dance and more. In June, join in with the Shaftesbury festival. This is a weeklong celebration, enjoy music, entertainment and even dog shows - fun for all the family. At the end of August visit the Gillingham and Shaftesbury Show. This has over 500 exhibitors and a host of events making this a fantastic day out for all the family, jam-packed with entertainment for all ages.
Longleat House, the Safari and Adventure Park, is a great day out and is just a 30 minute drive away. You can see lions, tigers, wolves, cheetahs and a whole host of other animals. There are seasonal events and tours on offer or visit the house and gardens. Explore Old Wardour Castle, run by English Heritage. The castle featured in Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, find the turrets and the views from the top of the castle to beautiful countryside beyond.