Located in West Lulworth, Dorset
This stunning thatched cottage is the ideal retreat for families seeking a holiday by the sea, located less than a mile away from exciting coastal walks, historic landmarks and an abundance of places to sample fresh seafood.
- Sleeps: 5
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: 2
Set your sights on Dorset for an unforgettable coastal getaway, based in this beautiful cottage that’s packed with personality. Within walking distance of the famous Lulworth Cove, you are well placed for exciting walks, breathtaking views and a real taste of local history. Plan your itinerary at your own pace, investigating the mysteries of Durdle Door 2 miles away, or Stair Hole less than a mile away. Of an evening, stroll down to the seafront to watch the sunset over the horseshoe-shaped bay.
Kick off your boots in the hallway and make your way into the kitchen, a delightful space for budding cooks to test out their skills with the local delicacies, ready to serve either at the nearby breakfast table or in the large dining room next door. Through the kitchen are a handy utility room and a door leading to the terrace, an ideal spot for al fresco dining. Further along the hall, you’ll find a WC, and two steps leading down into the lounge, which features deliciously comfortable sofas and a wood burner for relaxing evenings snuggled up watching a film. Climb the stairs to discover three cosy bedrooms and the family bathroom; just take care with reduced head height!
As well as the pretty terrace outside, you also have exclusive use of a private garden with marvellous views of the sea. Accessed via steep gated steps, the sloping lawn is a wonderful place to perch with your morning coffee and papers.
- Modern thatched cottage in an elevated position, with a contemporary interior and a roaring wood burner and sloping garden with spectacular views of the sea
- On the Southwest Coast path with an abundance of other scenic walks to choose from
- Near to the famous Lulworth Cove with a pub and restaurants within walking distance
- 3 bedrooms 1 double with 5ft bed, 1 twin and 1 single
- 1 bathroom and separate WC
- Oven, microwave, fridge/freezer and dishwasher
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- Woodburner (logs/coal provided free October to 30th April, firelighters and kindling not provided)
- Central heating provided
- Parking for 1 car in the public car park opposite the property
- WiFi included
- 2 dogs welcome
- Garden with seating
- Pub and shop are less than ½ a mile away
- TV/DVD in the lounge with Freesat
- Please note if you book for 2, 3 or 4 weeks, you will receive a change of linen and towels on the normal changeover day
- Steep steps to access the garden unsuitable for toddlers
- Warning: reduced head height in bedrooms
Lulworth is a quaint village with many traditional cottages. The village is full of shops and restaurants. Lulworth Cove is a horse-shoe shaped cove. The cove formed 10,000 years ago by the power of river and sea and is a pebble beach and very sheltered. Visit the Heritage Centre and learn about the smugglers. Taste the delights of a traditional Dorset fudge and sweetshop. Relax in the tea garden and ice cream parlour in the lane leading down to the cove. From here you are within walking distance of Durdle Door. Or, visit Durdle Door by boat. Lulworth has 3 pubs, The Castle Inn, Man O War which is dog friendly, and the Lulworth Cove Inn. The pubs are very popular in the summer months, so it would be advisable to phone ahead. The shingle beach at Durdle Door can shelve in places but the beach has excellent water quality. You will also find the ever-popular Durdle Door Ice Cream Kiosk. East Lulworth is a short 5-minute drive away or travel west and discover Ringstead.
Camp Bestival takes place at Lulworth Castle in East Lulworth every year from the end of July for 3 days. With face painting, bouncy castles to medieval jousting, there is plenty to do and see. There are four main stages for the music acts which are jam-packed over three days. There are DJ sets, comedy, theatre and shows, attractions and activities and plenty of food. If you are looking for a festival that is for all the family and diverse then look no further. Lulworth Castle is set in the stunning grounds of the Lulworth Estate. The historic castle, restored by English Heritage after a devastating fire, is open all year round. In the grounds, there are woodland walks and a children's playground. After, why not relax with a picnic while the kids play.