Located in Wool, Dorset
Boasting the status as a Grade II listed property, this beautiful three-bedroom property lies within the stunning Coombe Keynes and is a prime example of rural cottage charm.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: 1
This typical chocolate box cottage dating from 1740 is located in the charming hamlet of Coombe Keynes, with a population of only 79 people. The village boasts a beautiful 13th-century church with stunning stained glass windows which is well worth a visit. Records show that the church previously had church bells, but during restoration, these were taken out and are now kept at the County Museum in Dorchester (12 miles away), a nice day out if you don’t mind travelling a little further afield.
The property boasts single-level accommodation which is ideal for family living and socialising. Through the hall entering into the sitting room, there are feature stone walls, warming wooden floors and a stunning beamed fireplace setting off the log burner perfectly. A Smart TV and music system adds a touch of modern to the traditional. The kitchen/dining room has all modern appliances and a TV providing a hub for family gatherings. There is a family bathroom with a bath and overhead shower, and there is an additional WC for convenience. The property has three large bedrooms, a bunk bedroom and two double bedrooms (one en-suite) with radio alarm clocks, TVs and iPod docks.
The front of this property is idyllic with a small grass verge and climbing roses, perfectly encapsulating the chocolate box idea of the country cottage. The rear garden has a patio area and a lawn dotted with flower beds, flowers, shrubbery and trees There is a BBQ area for outside dining and socialising. You can also venture to the local pub for an evening meal or drink which is located a short 1.5 miles away.
Dogs are charged at £20 each per full or part week.
- Period property dating from 1740 and Grade II listed located on a quiet village lane in the small hamlet of Coombe Keynes
- Set over one level with traditional features including exposed beams and stone walls, with a quiet patio in the tranquil garden the perfect place to dine on a summers evening
- Perfect for walkers and dog friendly it is ideally situated for long country wanders
- 2 double bedrooms and 1 bunk bedroom, all bedrooms have a TV
- 1 en suite shower room and 1 bathroom, additional WC
- Cooker, fridge, washing machine, microwave, freezer and dishwasher
- Log Burner (logs/coal included Oct-Apr; kindling and firelighters not included)
- Central heating
- Towels included (please bring your own beach/pool towels)
- Parking for 2 cars
- Garden with patio and seating
- Wi-Fi superfast broadband
- 1 dog welcome
- Local pub and shop 1½ miles
- Smart TV, Netflix, Hi-Fi, iPod dock
Wool is a small and peaceful village near Bovington and Wareham. Dotted with quaint thatched cottages, this village is very photogenic. The River Frome runs through here and on the banks you can spot the 17th-century Woolbridge Manor where "Tess of the D'ubervilles spent her honeymoon night in the Thomas Hardy novel. There is a convenience store here and 2 pubs. Visit The Tank Museum a little drive away, in Bovington. Discover how the tanks advanced through the years, experience an action display and take a ride in a tank. For those who enjoy walking, pick up the Lawerence of Arabia trail. Explore the flat, 7 mile trail and stop for refreshments in the tea rooms along the way at Moreton. West Lulworth and Durdle Door are within driving distance.