Located in Charmouth, Dorset
Char Valley is a purpose-built holiday home offering contemporary accommodation in a desirable Dorset coastal location.
- Sleeps: 8
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 3
- Pet Friendly: No
This gated holiday complex is just a short stroll from the traditional Dorset seaside village of Charmouth. Here you will find an array of shops and pubs, ideal for picking up the morning paper or enjoying a hearty meal at the end of a long walk. If you’re looking for stunning scenery, look no further than the Jurassic Coast, England’s first Natural World Heritage Site, which spans 95 miles of the Dorset and East Devon coastline. Along the way, you will discover a string of quaint seaside villages and towns, including nearby Lyme Regis with its historic Cobb, harbour and fossil-rich beach. Situated in the traditional Dorset seaside village of Charmouth, this gated holiday complex offers a selection of well thought out, purpose-built accommodation within these converted former farm buildings. With onsite leisure facilities for all ages, the property is also conveniently located just a short stroll from the village amenities and beach. If you’re looking for stunning scenery, look no further than the Jurassic Coast, England’s first Natural World Heritage Site, which spans 95 miles of the Dorset and East Devon coastline. Along the way, you will discover a string of quaint seaside villages and towns, including nearby Lyme Regis with its historic Cobb, harbour and fossil-rich beach. There are many attractions in the area including the charming resorts of Beer, Branscombe, Crealy Adventure Park and numerous National Trust properties and gardens to name but a few.
Inside, this property has been thoughtfully designed to offer spacious and sociable accommodation. Prepare meals in the good-sized kitchen, which has been well-equipped with an integrated oven and gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and washer/dryer. Once prepared, enjoy meals at the large table in the open-plan lounge/diner, which features oak flooring and French doors opening onto the patio. At the end of a long day, take to one of the comfortable sofas for a cosy night in front of the Freeview TV/DVD. Also on the ground floor is a tin bedroom, which can be made as a super-king-size on request, together with a wet room style shower room. Upstairs are the three remaining bedrooms, one king-size with TV and en-suite bathroom with overhead shower, plus two twin rooms.
Outside, there is a sunny private patio area with garden furniture for entertaining al fresco. Guests are invited to enjoy the neighbouring holiday park which includes a shared, covered outdoor heated swimming pool (available during specific dates only and not available all year, please refer to the ‘need to know’ section for details), Char Valley Café which serves speciality teas and coffees and a shared outdoor children’s play area. For a reduced charge and available to adults, is the well-equipped Char Valley Health Club, including a gym, indoor pool, sauna and steam room.
- Spacious modern holiday home in a coastal location
- A short stroll from the beach and village amenities at Charmouth
- Shared swimming pool and leisure facilities on-site, please refer to 'need to know' for more details
- Located on the Jurassic Coast, offering wonderful cliff-top walks
- A short drive from the popular seaside town of Lyme Regis and its fossil-rich beach
- An ideal location for guests looking to explore the region
- 4 bedrooms on the ground floor, 1 twin with zip and link beds which can be made into a super king-size bed on request at time of booking; on the first floor, 1 en suite king-size and 2 twin bedrooms
- 1 en suite shower room with WC, 1 bathroom with shower over bath and WC on the first floor; 1 wet room with WC on the ground floor
- Kitchen electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer
- TV and DVD in the lounge, TV in the en suite double bedroom
- Electric and central heating included
- Wi-Fi available for an additional charge payable onsite typical charges per week for 2 devices is 15
- 00 and for 5 devices is 25
- 00 (please note Wi-Fi speeds may vary, therefore this connection may be unsuitable for streaming movies and games etc
- Swimming pool use of the shared covered outdoor heated swimming pool is included for guests and is open for the following dates in 2021 : 3rd April 16th April, 1st 3rd May, 29th May 3rd September, 23rd 29th October
- The pool is open 7 days a week in the main school summer holidays between 10am 5pm and closed for lunch
- Health Club and Café opening times are: 9am 5pm Monday Friday (closed for lunch), 9am 1pm Sat and Sun
- Due to the current situation with Covid 19, the shared facilities (swimming pool, Health Club, Cafe, children s play area) at this property will be unavailable during the remainder of 2020
- Short breaks only available during off-peak weeks
- Ample parking on site
- A complex of 16 properties
- Beach, shops and pubs all within walking distance
- Guests can arrive between 4pm 8pm
Charmouth is a beautiful, unspoiled seaside village near Lyme Regis. For families, it is a chance to unwind and enjoy the charm the village has to offer. The village has two traditional pubs, as well as cafes. There are a post office, convenience store and bakers. The village is very picturesque and the National Trust controls significant portions of the scenic areas around the town. The area, famed for its fossils on the sandy beach is part of the World Heritage Jurassic Coast. Join in with a guided fossil hunt or visit the fossil centre to learn more. The beach is famous for its sandy shore and gently shelving waters make it the ideal family beach