Located in Lyme Regis, Dorset
Enjoy fun-filled family holidays here on the western side of Lyme Regis, there is a wide selection of places to explore nearby offering something for everyone to enjoy.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: No
Located in the heart of the Jurassic Coast at Lyme Regis and on the Dorset/Devon border, this cottage offers a great destination for a break away and exploring the delights of the Dorset and Devon coast. With a wonderful selection of local pubs, restaurants and bars in the town, you are truly spoilt for choice when it comes to choosing a venue for your evening meal out. A beach day is a must, with four to choose from nearby, why not try them all. Lyme Regis is famous for its geology and fossils; the little ones would love a local fossil hunting walk learning all its history. Set on the border of Devon this makes for the ideal base to explore not only Dorset but also all that Devon has to offer.
Enter the cottage into the welcoming entrance hallway leading into the open plan lounge/kitchen/diner. The bright and airy lounge overlooks the garden and is a great space to cosy up on the sofas whilst catching up with your favourite film on the Smart TV. There is ample room around the dining table to gather and enjoy an evening meal with family and friends. Prepare your favourite meals in the spacious kitchen, which comes complete with an electric oven and gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer and dishwasher. Just off the entrance hallway is a cloakroom with WC and washer/dryer. Head up to the first floor where all three bedrooms can be found, the Master bedroom with king-size bed benefits an en suite shower room with WC, the second bedroom with super king-size zip and link beds (which can be made into a twin on request) and the third bedroom has a 4′ small double bed. Both the second and third bedrooms boast glimpses of the sea and Jurassic coastline. Finally, on this floor is the main bathroom featuring a bath with shower over and WC.
Head out through the French doors in the lounge into the enclosed, west facing garden and enjoy some al fresco dining gathered around the outdoor table and chairs on the patio. The level lawn area wraps around the side of the cottage and can also be accessed from the front of the cottage by a gate. There is allocated parking for two cars situated in the parking area a short walk from the cottage.
- New to our collection for October 2020
- A stylish and contemporary three-bedroom cottage on the western side of Lyme Regis
- Conveniently located on the Dorset/Devon border and within walking distance to the beach, shops and pubs
- Ideally located to explore the delights of the Jurassic Coast UNESCO World Heritage Site, making this a great family getaway
- Sleeps 5 1
- 3 bedrooms 1 king-size with en suite, 1 super king zip and link (which can be made into a twin on request at time of booking), and 1 4' double (suitable for 1 adult or 2 children)
- 1 en suite shower room with WC, 1 bathroom with shower over bath and WC and 1 separate WC on the ground floor
- Electric oven and gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer and dishwasher
- Washer/dryer in the ground floor cloakroom
- Smart TV in the lounge
- 2 USB sockets in the kitchen and in the Master bedroom
- Patio and lawn garden with outdoor furniture, the end of the garden is bordered by a natural hedgerow
- Allocated parking for up to 2 cars
- Shop, pub and beach within walking distance
Lyme Regis, nicknamed 'The Pearl of Dorset' lies on the World Heritage Jurassic Coast and is near Charmouth and the Devon border. Lyme Regis is a historic seaside resort and fishing port and boasts breathtaking scenery, making it a resort for all seasons. The town is famous for its fossils, often found on its beaches and cliffs. In fact, it was in the cliffs that the famous Ichthyosaur was discovered by Mary Anning, the daughter of a local fossil collector. She went on to find a complete Plesiosaur and the well-preserved remains of a flying reptile. Book a fossil walks with local experts to ensure you are both safe and full of knowledge by the end. The famous harbour wall known as 'The Cobb' featured in the film and novel of The French Lieutenant's Woman.
Lyme Regis is a great place to eat out and has a wide variety covering the globe as well as price. From traditional fish and chips to Asian fusion, Indian, Italian, Spanish and British. For foodies try Robin Wylde and their amazing taste menus. The Whole Hog will have you feeling full with excellent roasts while Red Panda offers Asian as well as a traditional British menu. For a proper wood-fired pizza try Pocco Pizza.