Located in Maiden Newton, Dorset
Spacious, family friendly house located in a peaceful rural village. Boasting sociable rooms, views over pastureland, level garden and good road links, it s the ideal choice for a holiday spent touring.
- Sleeps: 10
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 4
- Pet Friendly: No
The village of Sydling St Nicolas is surrounded by verdant rolling countryside and is the ideal base for touring. Accessible attractions and landmarks include Montacute House, The Cerne Abbas Giant, Hardy’s Cottage, Mapperton House and Gardens, and Abbotsbury Swannery. The county town of Dorchester is well worth a visit and is home to two museums, cinemas, numerous pubs, cafes and restaurants and a bustling high street. The Jurassic coastline is also within easy reach. Head to Burton Bradstock or West Bexington for rugged, unspoilt beaches or visit the seaside town of Weymouth with its stretch of golden sand and traditional amusements.
A covered porch leads into this detached property. Once inside you are met with a welcoming entrance hall. To the left is the comfortable lounge with TV/DVD, feature inglenook fireplace with wood burner electric fire and doors leading to the oak framed conservatory. This light and bright room overlooks the garden and is the ideal place to enjoy a leisurely meal. Heading back into the entrance hall you will find a separate WC and a door to the kitchen. This characterful space has an electric oven and hob, microwave, American style fridge/freezer and dishwasher. A useful utility room is set to the rear of the room and has a washing machine and tumble dryer. Next door is a games room with table football and table tennis. Stairs lead from the entrance hall to the first floor. Here you can choose from a stylish super king-size bedroom with an en suite shower room with WC, a king-size room or an inviting twin, both also with an en suite shower room with WC. There is one further double bedroom on this floor and a king-size room on the second floor, which share the contemporary bathroom with a roll-top bath, separate shower and WC.
Heading outside via the conservatory you can access the lawn that backs onto the property and looks out over the hills and pastureland behind the property. This level space also has a summer house with a rustic bar where you can enjoy sundowner drinks, gas BBQ, raised water feature and furniture. There is off-road parking to the side of the property suitable for four cars. Please note a vehicle bridge gives access to the property across Sydling Water, which is a small river running adjacent to the property. Care is to be taken with children and pets as the water is unenclosed.
- New to our collection for April 2021
- Games room with table football, table tennis and a fantastic oak framed conservatory with a rural outlook
- Picturesque setting alongside Sydling Water and within walking distance of the village centre
- Good road links nearby make this property ideal for touring both the coast and countryside
- 5 bedrooms 1 super-king-size, 2 king-size, 1 double and 1 twin
- 4 bathrooms 3 en suite shower rooms with WC's; 1 bathroom with roll-top bath, separate shower and WC and 1 separate WC
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, American style fridge/freezer and dishwasher
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- Lounge with TV/DVD
- Games room with table football and table tennis
- Lawned garden with summer house, bar (guests are welcome to take their own beverages), water feature, gas BBQ and furniture
- Off-road parking suitable for 4 cars
- Travel cot and highchair available
- Beach 14 miles, shop 3 miles and pub within walking distance
- A small river running adjacent to the property, care is to be taken with children and pets as the water is unenclosed
Maiden Newton is a town-sized village with the River Frome running through it. Maiden Newton has developed as a pretty village with a blend of old and new buildings. A petrol station with a supermarket attached, a few independent shops and a pub mean you can walk to all amenities.
The neighbouring village of Cattistock has a fully enclosed park and play area beside the pub. The Fox and Hounds is directly opposite the playground which offers homecooked food and is dog friendly. The village of Sydling St. Nicholas is stunningly picturesque. The village follows along the little Sydling Water with tiny connecting bridges. Ancient thatched cottages line the bank - well worth a visit. Dorchester is a 15 minute car journey away so here you can experience the sedate country way of life, knowing that the hustle of bustle of town life is never far away.