Clapper Bridge Cottage
Located in Burton Bradstock, Dorset
Charming character cottage set in an idyllic spot in West Dorset. Explore the many picturesque towns and villages within easy reach, walk to the beach or simply relax in the pretty walled garden.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: 1
Set in the heart of the rural village of Burton Bradstock, this chocolate box cottage is ideally situated for taking in the local sights, with Abbotsbury, Pilsdon Pen and the Cerne Abbas Giant all within reach. There are many scenic walking and cycling routes that run directly from the property, taking in the breathtaking views on offer in this picturesque area. Ideally placed for touring Dorset and East Devon there are a selection of nearby towns to explore, such as Beaminster and Bridport, which boasts popular vintage shops and is ideal for an afternoon spent browsing or sampling the cafe culture. Visit nearby Hive beach on foot or take a trip to Lyme Regis and West Bay.
Heading into the cottage from the quiet no-through lane, you are met by a welcoming hallway. To the left is the lounge, which has a wood burner effect gas fire and Smart TV/DVD, making it the perfect spot for relaxing after a country walk. Just opposite here is the kitchen/diner which has an AGA. This charming room is the ideal spot for leisurely family meals and is well equipped with an electric oven and induction hob, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, microwave and washer/dryer. Heading back into the hallway, the stairs take you up to the first floor, which offers two double bedrooms, one with a feature fireplace and TV and a further twin room. Along the landing is the bathroom which has a shower over the bath and WC.
Heading outside from the rear door you will find a pretty enclosed walled garden with patio and garden furniture. Venturing back towards the front of the property you will find 1 parking space on the grass verge opposite and roadside parking nearby, subject to availability.
- Character thatched cottage set in a tranquil position in a picture-postcard village
- Set off on foot to nearby Hive Beach and spend lazy days or walk along the scenic South West Coast Path
- An ideal spot for walkers and cyclists with many routes to explore from the doorstep
- 3 bedrooms 2 doubles and 1 twin
- 1 bathroom with shower over bath and WC
- AGA, electric oven and induction hob, fridge/freezer, microwave, Nespresso coffee machine (pods not provided), dishwasher and washer/dryer
- Electric and central heating included
- Wi-Fi included
- DAB radio in the kitchen
- 1 dog welcome (please note dogs are not permitted upstairs)
- Stairgate provided
- Beach, 2 pubs, library, playground, Post Office and village shop selling local produce all within walking distance
- Smart TV and DVD in the lounge and TV in 1 double bedroom
- Selection of DVDs, books, games and children s toys
- Towels provided, please provide your own beach towels
- Regret strictly no smoking, no BBQ s, no candles due to the thatch
- There are a well and a pond in the garden, both with locked grates over them
- Parking for 1 car is usually available on the grass verge opposite the house, further roadside parking is nearby, subject to availability
Burton Bradstock is a pretty village famous for its sandstone cliffs. You can reach the nearby villages of West Bay and West Bexington along the South West Coast Path. Burton Bradstock has a few pubs, a post office, tearooms, and cafes. The cliffs show alternate hard and soft layered geology of the Bridport Sands which make it appear to glow bright gold in the sunlight, a spectacular and mesmerizing sight. A break in the cliff formation provides access to the National Trust owned Hive Beach. The beach is very popular with families and is a favourite with visitors and locals who enjoy walking their dogs and enjoying a meal at The Hive Beach Cafe. The village also plays host to the wonderful Spring Tide Food Festival each May. This gives visitors the chance to sample and buy local produce including a selection of local beer and cider.