Located in Worth Matravers, Dorset
Traditional cottage offering characterful accommodation for up to six guests, situated in the delightful Dorset village of Worth Maltravers, just a short walk from the sea at Winspit Cove.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: 2
This Grade II listed cottage is located in the traditional village of Worth Matravers, a quiet place with a duck pond, a welcoming village pub, and tearoom. There are some wonderful coastal walks to be had in the area, and walking out to Winspit Cove from the property offers breathtaking views and swimming for strong swimmers only. Further around the coast, to the northeast, the seaside town of Swanage is more suited to families, offering a wide sandy beach, waterfront amusements, a pier, and a choice of places to eat. A little further north still, the National Trust owned coastline at Studland Bay has a quiet dune-backed beach from where it is possible to take the chain ferry across to Poole Harbour to the upmarket resort of Sandbanks.
With its whitewashed walls, wooden floorboards, and stone fireplaces, this property has a delightfully authentic cottage feel to it and, makes a lovely place for a relaxing stay. The lounge is an attractive room which offers a wealth of period features alongside comfortable furnishings, an open fire, flagstone flooring, and a TV/DVD. Next to the lounge, the galley style kitchen, though small is nonetheless well equipped and offers an electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge with ice compartment, dishwasher, and washing machine. The first of the property s three bedrooms can also be found on the ground floor, a pretty children s room offering a single bed and a set of bunk beds. Two further bedrooms can be found on the first floor of the cottage, the first of which is a restful double room, whilst the other is a tranquil twin room. The bathroom, meanwhile, offers a shower over bath and WC.
Outside, there is a pleasant courtyard area with garden furniture which is for the sole use of guests staying at the cottage. In addition to this, guests have access to a lawned garden which is shared with the neighbouring cottage, which is furnished with garden furniture. Parking is available in the village car park for which a permit is provided.
- Delightful cottage offering comfortable accommodation for 6
- Period property with attractively maintained period features throughout
- Private patio garden and access to a separate garden with lawn and seating area
- Located in the conservation village of Worth Matravers on Dorset’s Isle of Purbeck
- Situated just a short distance from the coast where Winspit Cove is just a short walk away
- 3 bedrooms 1 double, 1 twin, and 1 children s triple
- 1 bathroom
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher and washing machine
- Open fire
- Electric and central heating included
- Permit provided for the local car park
- Wi-Fi included
- 2 small or 1 medium-sized dog welcome, by arrangement (must be kept downstairs and off the furniture)
- Shop 2 miles, pub and seafront within walking distance
- Village pub and tearoom both located within a five-minute walk of the cottage
- TV/DVD in lounge
- Sleeps 7 1 (additional fold-out bed can be made upon request for a child at a cost of 35 per stay (please note there is a maximum number of 4 adult guests))
- 100 security deposit payable prior to arrival
Worth Matravers is a very small, quaint and very pretty village near Swanage. It is set around a big duck pond and surrounded by limestone cottages and farmhouses. If you are looking for a peaceful setting for your stay then this is it. The village has a community feel to it. Here you will find the original village shop, a post office and a pub serving home-cooked food and local ale. Discover the tearooms and soak up the local atmosphere. The village is near to the limestone cliffs that form part of the South West Coast Path and the Jurassic Coast. In fact, there are many coastal paths that will lead to the rocky, but unspoilt beaches. These are Winspit, Seacombe and Chapmans Pool. All are suitable for paddling and as a result, is a very popular destination for ramblers.
The villages of Langton Matravers and Harmans Cross are a short walk away. While the seaside town of Swanage is a little further in the car. Putlake Adventure farm is in Langton Matravers. This combines the best of the weather forecast. For instance, soft play for the rainy days and meeting the animals on the working farm on a sunny day. Keates Quarry is part of the National Trusts oldest sites. This shows at least 100 footprints made by dinosaurs 140 million years ago. Visit the ruins of Corfe Castle, owned by the National Trust. Or for the adventurous type, then Dorset Adventure Park is definitely for you. Try out the Wet and Wild assault course on water or the muddy trail. Adventurous adults and children can have a fun-filled day with the backdrop of Corfe Castle.