Located in West Bay, Dorset
The perfect family bolthole, an ideal base whatever the season. This comfortable house has a wood burner and is within easy reach of the beach at West Bay and all the amenities Bridport has to offer.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: 2
Set in an ideal location for touring, this spacious detached house is moments from the vibrant centre of Bridport, which has a choice of restaurants, pubs and shops for those essential supplies, as well as a thriving selection of boutiques selling antiques and vintage curios. Nearby West Bay, made famous by the BBC series Broadchurch, has an expansive beach with stunning cliffs as the backdrop and is the perfect choice for a relaxed afternoon with the family. Known as the gateway to the Jurassic Coast, you will find this picturesque area has an abundance of pretty towns and villages, which are ideal for all manner of outdoor pursuits including walking and cycling.
From the driveway, an entrance porch leads into this detached property. Once inside you are met with a welcoming hallway with original features, which has space to remove coats and muddy boots, as well as a useful separate WC. Immediately to the left is a contemporary kitchen with the original floor, complete with an electric oven and gas hob, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, fridge/freezer and tumble dryer. A door leads from here into a light and bright dining room, which looks out over the garden and is the ideal spot for leisurely family meals. Heading back into the central hallway you can choose to settle down in either the sitting room or the games room. The sitting room is an inviting space with a large bay window, wood burner and Smart TV. Or perhaps head next door to the games room and settle down with a good book or play on the games table, including air hockey, pool and table football. From the hallway a staircase rises to the first floor, here you will find three bedrooms, a super king-size zip and link (which can be made into a twin on request), a double and a twin, which share the shower room with a shower and WC. Both the super king-size zip and link bedroom and the double bedroom enjoy glimpses towards the sea and Thorncombe Beacon.
Heading outside from the dining room will bring you firstly onto a terrace, which has been furnished with a table, chairs and charcoal BBQ, making it the perfect setting for long lunches in the fresh air. From here steps lead down into the undulating garden, which is bordered by natural hedgerows and has areas of lawn and mature shrubs. There is a small unfenced pond and changes in level and unfenced drops throughout the garden, care is to be taken with children. To the front of the property are a further area of lawn and a driveway with off-road parking suitable for three cars.
- Families will have plenty of space both indoors and outdoors at this charming detached house
- Ideally placed for touring the area and within walking distance to the beach and harbour at West Bay
- Great for cycling with many routes from your front door
- Easy access to the centre of Bridport, a gateway town to the Jurassic Coast with excellent amenities
- 3 bedrooms 1 super king-size zip and link (which can be made into a twin on request), 1 double and 1 twin
- 1 shower room with shower and WC and 1 separate WC
- Electric oven and gas hob, fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer
- Wood burner (first basket of logs included)
- Games table with air hockey, pool table and table football
- Selection of books and board games
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Beach, pubs and shops within walking distance
- Smart TV in the sitting room
- Garden enclosed with natural hedgerows and boast a terrace with seating and undulating lawns
- Charcoal BBQ available
- Secure storage available for bicycles
With the stunning golden glow of the majestic sandstone cliffs, West Bay is the" Golden Gateway" to the Jurassic Coast. West Bay offers some stunning landscapes to explore, with breathtaking views from its cliff tops. The village features in the Good Beach Guide as achieving the highest award for seawater quality. East Beach stretches as far as you can see along Chesil Beach to Portland Bill. West Beach is ideal for younger children as it has a protective cove and is sandy. In the summer, a lifeguard service watches over the waters of both beaches. The town, harbour, and beach were the location for the series Broadchurch which has made this previously hidden gem even more popular with visitors.