Located in Burton Bradstock, Dorset
Striking house set in an enviable position within a tranquil rural village. Ideally placed for day trips to the Jurassic Coast, walking or simply admiring the stunning views over open countryside.
- Sleeps: 10
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 5
- Pet Friendly: 2
Litton Cheney is a peaceful village nestled in the Bride Valley. This is a tranquil yet convenient spot, with excellent road links. Heading south you will find the spectacular Jurassic Coastline, A UNESCO World Heritage Site, lined with dramatic cliffs, popular beaches and pretty villages. There are many destinations worth exploring locally, including Abbotsbury, home to subtropical gardens, a children’s farm and a swannery, plus Lyme Regis with its characterful streets and historic houses. The village is equally well placed for visits to the market town of Bridport, which has a good range of independent shops or head to the county town of Dorchester with its two cinemas, bustling high street and museums. There are also lovely walking and cycling routes nearby.
From the private driveway, a door opens into the welcoming hallway of this detached house. Immediately to the right is the lounge, which has an open fire and TV with a full SkyTV package. A door leads into a cosy, smaller lounge area with additional TV & DVD and lots of books to enjoy or you can head out into the garden. Through to the stylish kitchen/diner which can also be reached from the hallway, is well equipped with a range style electric oven and gas hob, microwave, American style fridge/freezer and dishwasher. Next door is the utility room, which has a washing machine and tumble dryer. A lobby area gives access to a separate WC and has space for coats and boots. The first of the bedrooms can be found on the ground floor and has a super king-size zip and link bed (which can be made up as a twin on request) and an en suite wet room with a shower and WC. Heading back into the entrance hall you will find a flight of stairs rising to the first floor where you can choose between the beautiful bedrooms. The first is a super king-size with canopied bed, en suite bathroom complete with shower over a Jacuzzi bath and WC. Next door there is a super king-size zip and link bedroom (which can be made up as a twin on request) with an en suite shower room and WC. There is a further king-size bedroom with a bed set against the wall on one side, with an en suite bathroom, with a bath and shower over and WC. Lastly, there is a further super king-size zip and link bedroom (which can be arranged as a twin on request) and has an en suite bathroom with bath, separate shower and WC. All of the bedrooms have a TV, with the exception of the canopied king-size bedroom and each of the bathrooms have underfloor heating and heated towel rails. Heading outside via a door in the second lounge, you will find a generous south-facing terrace spanning the whole width of the property, where, garden furniture and a charcoal BBQ make this the ideal spot to dine.
A door from the kitchen/diner leads to the side of the house and a raised patio with furniture perfect for enjoying your morning coffee. Wide steps lead down to rolling lawns ideal for ball games including croquet and badminton (equipment supplied). There are views over open countryside and a large enclosed pond. Ample off-road parking available.
- Expansive garden with a large terrace ideal for dining and wonderful countryside views
- Easy access to the coast and popular beaches at West Bexington and Burton Bradstock
- Ideally placed for touring the whole of Dorset, with excellent road links nearby
- 5 bedrooms 3 super king-size zip and link (can be made up as a twin on request), 1 super-king-size and 1 king size
- 1 en suite wet room, 1 en suite bathroom with shower over Jacuzzi bath and WC, 2 en suite bathrooms with bath (with shower over) and WC, 1 en suite shower rooms and WC and 1 separate WC
- Range style electric oven and gas hob, microwave, Nespresso Machine (please bring your own pods) American style fridge/freezer and dishwasher
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- Travel cot and highchair available
- Open fire (logs included)
- TV with full Sky package available in the lounge, TV/DVD in the snug and TV in 4 of the bedrooms
- Terrace immediately to the rear and side and large rolling lawn with an enclosed pond
- Ample off road parking
- Beach and shop 4 miles, pub within walking distance
- Sleeps 9 1 with one king-size bed set against a wall
Burton Bradstock is a pretty village famous for its sandstone cliffs. You can reach the nearby villages of West Bay and West Bexington along the South West Coast Path. Burton Bradstock has a few pubs, a post office, tearooms, and cafes. The cliffs show alternate hard and soft layered geology of the Bridport Sands which make it appear to glow bright gold in the sunlight, a spectacular and mesmerizing sight. A break in the cliff formation provides access to the National Trust owned Hive Beach. The beach is very popular with families and is a favourite with visitors and locals who enjoy walking their dogs and enjoying a meal at The Hive Beach Cafe. The village also plays host to the wonderful Spring Tide Food Festival each May. This gives visitors the chance to sample and buy local produce including a selection of local beer and cider.