Located in Buckland Newton, Dorset
Bursting with character, charm and style, this beautifully converted 18th-century threshing barn will be hard to leave behind.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: 2
Located on a 150-acre family-run farm, the surrounding land is home to horses, sheep, ducks and geese, offering a great taste of laid-back rural life. Some fabulous walks and cycle rides can be discovered in the local area, passing pretty villages including Cerne Abbas with its famous hillside chalk figure. The owners also have a private pond in a lovely secluded spot that can be fished all year round, ideal for fishing enthusiasts. The property is almost equidistant from the historic market towns of Dorchester and Blandford Forum, offering boutique shopping facilities with independent shops and galleries. Other attractions and places of interest accessible from here include The World Heritage Jurassic Coastline, namely Lulworth Cove and Lyme Regis, Milton Abbas and it’s famous abbey, Monkey World, The Tank Museum, Corfe Castle, Abbotsbury Swannery, the abbey town of Sherborne.
Inside, the breathtaking accommodation is open-plan yet separated into cosy areas through exposed beams and pillars. In the modern and sleek kitchen area, you will find an electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and washing machine. Once prepared, enjoy meals at the dining table beyond, which is a light and airy area featuring full-length windows. Two steps down from this area take you to one of the two welcoming lounges, where you will find comfortable sofas, a wood burner and glass doors opening onto the decked balcony. Also on this floor are the two beautifully presented bedrooms, each displaying exposed beams and brickwork and carefully chosen antique furniture. The Master bedroom features a super-king-size zip-and-link bed, which can be made into twins on request, as well as a day bed and pull-out single bed for children. This spacious and beautifully presented bedroom also has an en-suite bathroom, which is approached by three steps and boasts a roll-top bath, exposed stonework and feature stone sink. The second bedroom has floor to ceiling windows and features a king-size zip-and-link bed which can be made up as a twin on request. Completing the ground floor is a separate wet room with a shower and WC. When it’s time to snuggle up in front of a film, head up to the first floor where there is a second lounge with a TV and Sky TV (basic entertainment package), DVD and comfy sofas, including a sofa bed. This is a cosy and warm space with lots of character featuring slanted ceilings, exposed beams, wooden pillars and large Velux windows from which you can enjoy far-reaching countryside views.
Heading outside is a split-level decked balcony that stretches across the front of the property. Looking out to the farmyard, this sunny spot is perfect for enjoying summer meals sat around the large garden table. There is an indoor fitness/exercise pool which is located in a building just across the farmyard and is available for guests to hire at an additional charge. Also outside the property is ample off road parking in the yard.
Dogs are charged at £20 each per full or part week.
- A perfect rural sanctuary nestled in the heart of the Dorset countryside with spectacular views
- Stroll over the owners' farmland to their secluded pond and spot the local wildlife or try some fishing
- Guests can hire the heated indoor fitness pool and enjoy a swim or just simply relax in the surroundings
- Fantastic walks and cycle rides to be enjoyed through the surrounding countryside
- 2 bedrooms: 1 Master super king-size zip and link (that can be made up as a twin upon request) with day bed and pull out single bed (only suitable for children); 1 king-size zip and link (that can be made up as a twin upon request, beds are 2'6" wide as singles); sofa bed in the lounge
- 2 bathrooms: 1 en suite bathroom with bath and WC; 1 wet room with shower and WC
- Kitchen: electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and washing machine
- TV with Sky TV (basic entertainment package) and DVD in the lounge on the first floor
- Selection of DVDs and games available
- Underfloor heating included
- Towels included
- 2 lounge areas on the ground floor and first floor
- Wood burner in the ground floor lounge
- Wi-Fi included, the signal can vary due to rural location
- 2 dogs welcome
- Open decked split level balcony with garden furniture
- Ample off road parking
- Indoor fitness/exercise pool available for hire at an additional charge, the pool is 15' long, 7' wide and 4' deep, has three jets to swim against and is maintained at a temperature of around 31 degrees must be requested at the time of booking, charges as follows per booking 7 night bookings 175, 5/6 night bookings 150, 3/4 night bookings 100
- The private pond can be fished all year round, there is no extra charge for guests, however, anyone fishing will need an Environment Agency fishing licence sourced directly through the agency
- The owners also have a 14 pitch campsite and 3 shepherd's huts which are set away from the cottage with the campsite facilities being located in the outbuilding adjacent to the cottage
- Beach 17 miles, pub and shop within walking distance
- The nearest supermarkets 10 miles away in Blandford Forum, the main supermarkets deliver to the area
Buckland Newton is a pretty village in Dorset on the edge of Dorset's Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The village has a playing field and playground as well as a village shop, post office and pub. There are an abundance of country walks to discover here that will take you off the beaten track and allow you to enjoy the countryside and views.
For those who love action, then visit the Henley Hillbillies. Here you can drive quad bikes, Polaris Ace buggies, Mini Mavriks and even hover crafts. Or try your hand at shooting with the option for clay pigeon, archery, crossbows and air rifles. Nearby towns include Sherborne and Dorchester with a wealth of attractions. Visit Cerne Abbas and enjoy a relaxing lunch in the beer gardens of a choice of three pubs, all are dog friendly. Explore its famous chalk giant and wonderful countryside and take in the wonderful views surrounding you.
Those who like horticulture will appreciate Minterne Gardens in the nearby village of Minterne Magna. Set in over two hundred acres of stunning landscapes, streams, and cascades, this is a garden to remember. You can break up exploring by relaxing over a refreshment from the cafe and enjoy the views over the lake. Dorchester is a 20 minute car journey away, so here you can experience the sedate country way of life, knowing that the hustle of bustle of town life is never far away.