Located in Wool, Dorset
A charming getaway in the country, this Grade II listed thatched cottage has roots dating back to the 17th century and is bursting with period charm and modern luxuries.
- Sleeps: 5
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: 1
Surrounded by a patchwork of green fields in the quaint hamlet of Coombe Keynes, this property enjoys an abundance of country walks nearby. Fit for two legs and four, you can spend hours amongst the sprawling countryside, clearing the mind and breathing in revitalising air. Heading slightly further away, a visit to the iconic Lulworth Cove (3.5 miles) is a must, whether it’s just a quick trip or a whole day. Likewise, Lulworth Castle is only 2.5 miles away and a treat for all the family. For great food, East Knighton is 3.5 miles away and is served by a number of eateries.
Stepping in through the front door you can leave your boots in the shoe rack and venture in. Immediately inviting, the first room you come to is the dining room. Sporting plenty of original features like the exposed beams and inglenook fireplace, the owners have cleverly adapted the space to achieve a modern feel whilst remaining authentic. To the right of the dining room is the lounge. A sure to be a favourite amongst your whole clan, this spacious area has plenty of seating, including two sofas and an armchair, and oozes charm. Complete with a wood burner and logs set within another inglenook fireplace, as well as TV/DVD, Hi-Fi and plenty of thoughtful details, it is a perfect family space. Accessed via a few steps up, the kitchen is also found on the ground floor. Here a large room houses all the appliances and utensils you could need for your culinary masterpieces, including fridge, double oven, hob, microwave and even a dishwasher. There is also a dining table, ideal for enjoying breakfasts over a pot of tea or a jug of freshly squeezed orange juice. From the kitchen, there are two doors. The first leads to a family bathroom (with bath with shower overhead, heated towel rail and WC) and a door to the garden via steps down. The second door leads to a utility room where there are a washing machine and tumble dryer, as well as another door to the garden. Upstairs, three gorgeous bedrooms (each with reduced head height in the eaves) await, featuring a double, a 5ft double and one single. The property’s second bathroom is upstairs too, equipped with a walk-in shower, heated towel rail and WC.
Outside, a large landscaped garden is a truly tranquil haven, especially on summer days. A south-facing suntrap, the garden is split over different levels and linked by steps and paved paths. Sit back on the patio and drink in the sunshine nestled into the outdoor seating or stretch out on the grass with a book as the kids play. For somewhere to park, there is dedicated parking for one car as well as street parking.
- Fairy-tale thatched cottage, in a peaceful village location, giving a stylish blend of traditional and modern with bright attractive interior décor
- Great family accommodation sleeping five with a spacious south-facing garden
- Ideal for walkers and cyclists with footpaths on the doorstep and not far from the South West Coast path just the perfect base to explore Dorset
- 3 bedrooms: 1 double, 1 5ft double, 1 single
- 2 bathrooms: 1 downstairs with bath with shower overhead; 1 upstairs with walk-in shower
- 1 dog or 2 by request
- Utility room with washing machine and drier
- Central heating
- Wood burner logs included October end of April
- Smart TV with Netflix, DVD, Hi-Fi
- DVDs and CDs provided
- Wi-Fi available (email and web browsing only)
- Aga is available in winter
- Dishwasher, fridge, freezer, double oven, electric hob, microwave, toaster, kettle
- Garden with seating
- Off-road parking for 1 car, additional parking on the village street
- Additional street parking
- Shop within 1½ miles, pub within 1½ miles
Wool is a small and peaceful village near Bovington and Wareham. Dotted with quaint thatched cottages, this village is very photogenic. The River Frome runs through here and on the banks you can spot the 17th-century Woolbridge Manor where "Tess of the D'ubervilles spent her honeymoon night in the Thomas Hardy novel. There is a convenience store here and 2 pubs. Visit The Tank Museum a little drive away, in Bovington. Discover how the tanks advanced through the years, experience an action display and take a ride in a tank. For those who enjoy walking, pick up the Lawerence of Arabia trail. Explore the flat, 7 mile trail and stop for refreshments in the tea rooms along the way at Moreton. West Lulworth and Durdle Door are within driving distance.