Dairy Cottages – Big Barn
Located in Wimborne, Dorset
Striking barn conversion set within easy reach of many pretty towns and villages. Boasting a wood burner, unique architecture and private garden it's the ideal spot for a fun-filled holiday.
- Sleeps: 8
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 4
- Pet Friendly: 2
Set alongside the road heading through the hamlet of Wigbeth, this contemporary barn conversion was completed in 2018 and is ideally situated for taking in the local attractions, with Wimborne Minster, Badbury Rings, Moors Valley Country Park and the New Forest National Park all within easy reach. Set near the Dorset/Hampshire border and a short trip from Cranborne Chase, there are many scenic walking and cycling routes that run directly from the property, taking in the breathtaking views on offer in this picturesque spot. Take a trip to the market towns of Wimborne or Ringwood, ideal for an afternoon spent browsing. The beautiful beaches of Bournemouth and Poole are also accessible by car from here.
On entering the detached barn originally built in 1680, you are met by a stunning open plan living area incorporating the kitchen/diner/lounge with a full-height vaulted ceiling. Bi-fold doors to the rear flood the room with light and a striking circular fireplace with a wood burner will instantly make you want to linger a while. This sociable space is cleverly divided and is the perfect place to unwind after a day spent exploring, in the lounge area you can enjoy relaxed evenings and watch a film on the Smart TV. The stylish kitchen area is well equipped with a double electric oven and induction hob, American style fridge/freezer, dishwasher, microwave, fresh ground coffee machine and washer/dryer. There is also a separate WC. Through the lounge area, you will find a double bedroom with an en suite shower and WC and a king-size bedroom with a wet room style shower set into the corner of the room and a separate WC. The first of two staircases, this one a spiral, leads you up to the first floor from the kitchen area. Here you will find an impressive king-size bedroom with a vaulted ceiling, views over the lounge and an en suite shower and WC. A second staircase rises from the lounge area to a mezzanine with a snug, views over the lounge, a Juliet balcony and a comfy sofa this is the perfect spot to relax with a good book. Leading on from here is a super king-size zip and link bedroom (which can be made up as a twin on request) with a Juliet balcony and en suite shower and WC.
Heading outside you will find an enclosed garden with a patio area with a great outdoor kitchen that includes a 2 ring hob, a sink and plenty of worktop space, garden furniture, charcoal BBQ and artificial lawn. Located directly outside of the spacious living area, it’s the perfect spot for enjoying al fresco dining.
- Contemporary barn conversion with an abundance of individual features
- Easy access to Ringwood, Wimborne Minster, the New Forest National Park, the Jurassic Coast and Moors Valley Country Park
- Warm your toes beside the wood burner with your four-legged friends
- Space for the whole family to stretch out in this stylish open-plan space
- Ideally placed for touring Dorset and Hampshire with good road links nearby
- Try your hand at carp fishing and horse riding nearby a trip to the local championship golf course
- 4 bedrooms 1 super king-size zip and link (which can be made up as a twin on request), 2 king-size and 1 double
- 4 en suite shower rooms and 1 separate WC
- Double electric oven and induction hob, American style fridge/freezer, dishwasher, microwave, fresh ground coffee machine and washer/dryer
- Wood burner (first basket of logs included)
- Electric and central heating included
- Off-road parking for up to 3 cars
- Wi-Fi included
- 2 dogs welcome
- Shop 3 miles and pub just over 2 miles
- Outdoor kitchen
- Smart TV available in the lounge
Wimborne Minster, more often called Wimborne, is a market town near Poole and Bournemouth. The square is a hive of activity with a variety of shops and cafes. Browse down the side streets for the more traditional shops, or visit a farm shop and cafe outside of the town. The town has a large and well-established market that runs on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday. There are three pubs to choose from offering home-cooked traditional food.
The most famous attraction is Wimborne Model Village. Built over fifty years ago and 1/10th scale model that amazes its visitors from all over the world with its quality and realism. They also have an award-winning sensory garden, giant chess set, putting lawn, model railway gift shop and tea room. Every June the town hosts the Wimborne Minster Folk Festival which dates back to 1980. Regarded worldwide, the annual event of traditional folk dance and songs sees one of the largest gatherings. Dance teams and musicians from the South of England take part and this event usually attracts large crowds.