Damson Tree Cottage
Located in Charmouth, Dorset
Well designed and furnished cottage provides a comfortable and open space for small families and also couples to enjoy a Dorset coastal retreat away from busy lives.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: No
The exterior of this faithfully restored and renovated barn is beguiling and beautiful, as it is rustic on the outside and luxurious and modern on the inside. The chert and brickwork are in line with other similar properties in the area, and from the prime location, you have views and access to the dramatic and spellbinding Dorset countryside and coastline.
The front door opens to a centrally positioned open-plan sitting room, kitchen and dining room that feels bigger on the inside than it looks like it might. With classic wooden flooring throughout, two comfortable two-seater sofas and a four-seater dining table, there are plenty of areas to sit and chill or socialise. Though the kitchen area may be small, it is functional and includes the mod-cons and white goods you’d expect. The bedrooms are located at either end of the open plan living space, with the master double bedroom and en-suite accessible via small but quaint steps. The en-suite has a shower over the bath and a basin and toilet. At the other end of the property, there is a twin with the second bathroom slightly further along, with a shower and toilet. There is a small utility space on this side of the property with a washing machine.
To the outside of the property, French doors lead to the enclosed terrace and garden area, which has a dramatic look and feel thanks to the different levels, use of paving and well-chosen plants. There is space outside to sit and enjoy the secluded peace and tranquillity. There is also a BBQ for when you want to dine alfresco on those warm summery nights.
- Tucked away on the edge of the village yet walking distance to the beach and South West Coast Path
- Located partway up a country lane that leads to the beautiful National Trust Golden Cap Estate
- The well-designed private terrace is great for lazy summery days and evenings
- 2 bedrooms 1 double, 1 twin
- 2 bathrooms 1 en suite bathroom with shower over the bath and WC, 1 shower room with shower and WC
- Electric hob and oven, fridge freezer, dishwasher
- Central heating included
- Wood burner
- The first basket of logs provided from October until the end of April
- Smart TV in the lounge, TV/DVD in the double bedroom
- Washing machine in small utility area
- High chair and cot supplied
- Telephone to receive incoming calls only
- Private enclosed terrace and garden area with BBQ and sitting area
- Less than 1 mile away from the beach in Charmouth
- Located partway up a country lane that leads to the National Trust Golden Cap Estate
- Off-road parking for 2 cars at the top of a steep, narrow drive
- 5 miles away from the local shop and local pub
- Regret no dogs
Charmouth is a beautiful, unspoiled seaside village near Lyme Regis. For families, it is a chance to unwind and enjoy the charm the village has to offer. The village has two traditional pubs, as well as cafes. There are a post office, convenience store and bakers. The village is very picturesque and the National Trust controls significant portions of the scenic areas around the town. The area, famed for its fossils on the sandy beach is part of the World Heritage Jurassic Coast. Join in with a guided fossil hunt or visit the fossil centre to learn more. The beach is famous for its sandy shore and gently shelving waters make it the ideal family beach