Located in Bridport, Dorset
- Sleeps: 17
- Bedrooms: 8
- Bathrooms: 5
- Pet Friendly: 3
Just half a mile from the idyllic village of Symondsbury with its friendly local pub, and only three miles from the Jurassic Coast. Symondsbury provides shops with local produce including fresh bread, pastries, cheese and local beer, gin and wine you won’t have to go far for these tasty essentials. Browse amongst gorgeous blooms such as peonies, hydrangeas and clematis in the Charles Chesshire nursery and stock up on logs at the old Dutch Barn.
A large living room with deep, sumptuous sofas offers a relaxing space to unfurl with a paperback, watch a movie together on the Smart TV or enjoy an aperitif before dinner. For extra-special movie nights, the cellar has been converted into a cinema room where guests can watch SkyTV or enjoy a DVD. A contemporary kitchen is well equipped with everything needed to create a celebratory feast with a Range oven and hob, additional oven, microwave, two dishwashers and an American style fridge/freezer. There is a spacious dining room, centred around an Inglenook fireplace with a glowing wood burner, there is also an additional cosy seating area in this room where you can chat late into the evening in comfort and style. Once the day is done and its time to sleep, head to one of the eight bedrooms. One the ground floor is a super king-size zip and link (which can be made into twins on request) with an en suite shower over bath and WC. On the first floor, they consist of five super king-size zip and link (which can be made into twins on request), one with an en suite shower over bath and WC and a triple bedroom. On the second floor is the beautiful attic room with super king-size zip and link (which can be made into twins on request) with en suite bathroom handheld shower over bath and WC. Completing this property are the bathrooms, there is a shower room with shower and WC and bathroom with shower over bath.
On a warm summer’s day, the beautifully manicured garden offers the perfect place to soak up the sunshine and incredible views, with a variety of seating areas including a pagoda adorned with trailing flowers and sun loungers on the terrace. Enjoy a relaxing dip in the bubbling hot tub while the BBQ sizzles in the background or if the weather takes a turn, treat yourself to a pampering session in the private sauna and indoor swimming pool or entertain yourselves with table tennis, table football and pool table.
- A luxurious Grade-II listed country house, only three miles from the spectacular Jurassic Coast, within walking distance of a picturesque Dorset village near Bridport
- Relax in the hot tub and sauna or enjoy a refreshing dip in the private indoor swimming pool or even indulge in movie nights in the cinema room
- Explore the nearby footpaths or simply enjoy the fabulous private garden, the games room with pool table, table football and table tennis for a rainy day
- 8 Bedrooms 7 super king-size zip and link (which can be made into twins on request) and 1 triple
- 1 Bathroom, 3 en suite bathrooms, 1 shower room and 1 separate WC
- Range oven and hob, additional oven, microwave, 2 dishwashers and an American style fridge/freezer
- Utility room with a washing machine and tumble dryer
- Hot tub
- Indoor swimming pool with sauna, shower and changing room
- Games rooms with pool table, table football and table tennis
- Wood burner
- Electric and heating are available
- Ample off-road parking available
- Wi-Fi included
- 3 dogs welcome
- Smart TV in the lounge, Sky TV/DVD in the cinema room
- BBQ is available
- Catering is available at an additional charge, arranged directly with the owner
- A refundable security deposit is payable for this property
Bridport is a small, busy market town on Dorset's Jurassic Coast. The town has quite a few independent shops, a supermarket, cafes and restaurants. There are also local markets here each week. Bridport has an arts centre, cinema, and museum. The museum includes an exhibition of the town's long history of rope-making amongst other exhibits. The town hosts the local food festival for a week at the end of June and ends with the Round Table Beer Festival. The town holds its annual carnival on the third Saturday in August. Visit Palmers Thatched Brewery to sample local beers and ale. Explore Mangerton Mill which is still a working water mill, visit the tea rooms attached and finish off with a country walk by the river.