Located in Bridport, Dorset
This Dorset townhouse is tastefully blended with classical and contemporary styles, both the interior and exterior have been designed to impress with social rooms large enough for big gatherings.
- Sleeps: 21
- Bedrooms: 9
- Bathrooms: 8
- Pet Friendly: 2
Bridport is a coastal town in Dorset with a pleasant high street populated by independent shops and brand leaders. A bustling market town, it is also well known for its proximity to the harbour village of West Bay made famous by the ITV series Broadchurch. Avid walkers will enjoy the path over the peak of Golden Cap. On a clear day, you can see across to Lyme Bay and Dartmoor from the top at 191 metres, it is the highest point on the south coast of England. Experienced ramblers may wish to continue along the Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site, or the South West Coast Path. Other large towns in the area include Wareham, Lyme Regis, Dorchester, Blandford Forum, Swanage, Poole and Bournemouth.
Throughout the house, you will encounter comfortable and inviting rooms for you to unwind and relax. The property consists of a lounge with TV and ample seating for you to catch up on some films, TV shows or read a book. For serious movie fans, the cinema room is a great place to maximise the experience, with speakers, sharp image resolution, NOW TV and Netflix. You and your guests can also play board games in the garden room if the weather closes in. The kitchen is well equipped including a range style oven and hob, a separate oven, two American style fridge/freezer, two dishwashers and lots of workspaces giving you plenty of room for meal preparation, including the breakfast island for the grazers. There is a separate utility room with a washing machine and tumble dryer. The spacious lavish dining room incorporates a large table and chairs able to seat the whole group, and a separate small comfortable seating area centred around the wood burner effect electric fire. To make the experience even better, there is a games room with a pool table and board games for those of a light competitive nature. There are nine bedrooms in total, two are on the ground floor, a super king-size zip and link (which can be into a twin on request) with en suite shower and WC and a king-size zip and link (which can be made into small twins on request) with en suite shower and WC. The remaining seven bedrooms are situated on the first floor with views of the walled garden. There is a super king-size zip and links (which can be into a twin on request), a super king-size zip and links (which can be into a twin on request) with en suite shower over bath and WC, a super king-size zip and links (which can be into a twin on request) with en suite bathroom with bath, separate shower and WC, super-king-size with en suite bathroom with shower over bath and WC, a king-size with en suite bathroom with shower over bath and WC, a triple (three singles) with en suite shower and WC and finally a bedroom with two super king-size zip and links bed (which can be made into twins on request) with en suite shower over bath and WC. Completing this property is the bathroom with shower over bath and WC and a shower room with shower and WC.
Heading outside is the spacious gravel-covered garden surrounded with ornate walls for privacy. There is also ample parking at this property.
- This exceptional Georgian-era house is situated close to the centre of the Dorset market town of Bridport with a classic interior design style with a games room and cinema room
- Bridport is just a mile away from the Jurassic Coast, a beautiful area associated with fossils and the South West Coast Path
- Close to local coastal spots such as Eype Beach, West Bay Beach and Hive Beach at Burton Bradstock
- 9 Bedrooms 4 super king-size zip and link (which can be made into twins on request), 1 king-size zip and link (which can be made into a small twin on request), 1 super-king-size, 1 king-size, 1 triple and 1 bedroom with 2 super king-size zip and link (which can be made into twins on request)
- 1 Bathroom, 1 shower room, 5 en suite bathrooms and 3 en suite shower rooms
- Range style oven and hob, separate electric oven, 2 American style fridge/freezers and 2 dishwashers
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- Pool table and board games
- Electric and heating included
- Ample parking
- Wi-Fi included
- 2 dogs welcome
- Shop and pub within walking distance
- TV in lounge with speakers, NOW TV and Netflix in the Cinema room
- A refundable security deposit is payable for this property
Bridport is a small, busy market town on Dorset's Jurassic Coast. The town has quite a few independent shops, a supermarket, cafes and restaurants. There are also local markets here each week. Bridport has an arts centre, cinema, and museum. The museum includes an exhibition of the town's long history of rope-making amongst other exhibits. The town hosts the local food festival for a week at the end of June and ends with the Round Table Beer Festival. The town holds its annual carnival on the third Saturday in August. Visit Palmers Thatched Brewery to sample local beers and ale. Explore Mangerton Mill which is still a working water mill, visit the tea rooms attached and finish off with a country walk by the river.