Dragonfly – Wild Meadow Cottages
Located in Nottington, Dorset
This stylish property combines contemporary style with all the home comforts you could wish for. Boasting a hot tub, wood burner and a peaceful setting, it’s the perfect spot for a relaxing break
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 3
- Pet Friendly: 1
Newly built in 2019, this spacious cottage is set within a working farm in the Broadwey area of Weymouth. If you can tear yourself away from all that this tranquil spot has to offer, you will find that access to the town centre is easy and has a wide range of amenities and attractions, including the historic Old Harbour and the beach. The South West Coast Path is also close at hand for those wishing to walk, along with verdant countryside surrounds to explore. There are a choice of pretty towns and villages to visit, including Lulworth and Abbotsbury and many charming country pubs and cafés to try, should you prefer to take some time off from cooking.
A short path leads from the parking area to the main entrance into this semi-detached property. Once inside you’ll find a useful porch for your coats and boots, before stepping into a striking open plan lounge/kitchen/diner with a shower room and WC leading off it. This contemporary space has a well-equipped kitchen to the right with an electric oven and induction hob, dishwasher, fridge/freezer and microwave. A dining space opposite is a perfect spot for leisurely meals. Beautifully decorated with your comfort in mind, the lounge area has bi-fold doors opening onto the garden and a wood burner. Here you can put your favourite show on the Smart TV and rest a while. Heading upstairs there are two beautiful bedrooms to choose from. The first is an inviting super king-size with stunning freestanding bath and a Juliet balcony offering views over the surrounding countryside and if you’re lucky you may catch sight of some of the resident livestock. There is also an en suite WC and a Smart TV. The second bedroom is just as stylish with twin zip and link beds (which can be arranged as a super king-size on request), plus a contemporary en suite shower and WC. Why not enjoy a long lay in here in front of the Smart TV.
To the rear of the property is a private enclosed garden with hot tub, charcoal BBQ and furniture, ideal for lazy afternoons with your loved ones. Between the properties is a central atrium housing a shared utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer. Behind the garden, there is a shared orchard, where you can relax in the purpose-built outdoor snug and admire the views. The perfect spot for enjoying your sundowners. Please note dogs are not permitted in the orchard as this is a shared area.
- Spend cosy evenings beside the wood burner or enjoy a long soak in the private hot tub and feel your troubles drift away set in a peaceful spot amidst beautiful rolling countryside on the outskirts of Weymouth
- You can take a trip to the family-friendly sandy beach at Weymouth there is a choice of restaurants, pubs and bars can be discovered, or marvel at the dramatic scenery of the Jurassic Coast and take a boat trip from Weymouth harbour
- Explore one of the many local walking routes including the South West Coast Path, ideally placed for touring Dorset and beyond, with West Bay and Abbotsbury within each reach2 bedrooms 1 super-king-size and 1 twin zip and link (which can be arranged as a super king-size on request)
- 1 en suite bathroom, 1 en suite shower room & 1 shower room
- Hot tub
- Wood burner (logs included)
- Electric oven and induction hob, microwave, dishwasher and fridge/freezer
- Shared utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- Electric and central heating included
- Bathrobes included
- 2 off road parking spaces available
- Wi-Fi included
- 1 dog welcome
- Please note dogs are not permitted in the orchard or upstairs in the property
- Beach 2½ miles, shop and pub 1 mile
- Smart TVs in the lounge and both bedrooms
- Bike storage available
- Charcoal BBQ available
Nottington is a hamlet beside the River Wey sandwiched between Dorchester and Weymouth. Nottington was well known for the striking shape of the Spa House built in 1830. The Spring attached to the Spa house claimed to have great power to cure all manner of sickness including cancer. The Spa is now a private house. The nearest local shop is in Broadwey. Nottington makes a great base to stay for those who enjoy the quieter pace of county life. In conclusion, it allows for a great rural holiday with very easy access to the coast.