Egmont View Cottage
Located in Langton Matravers, Dorset
Grade II listed cottage offering a delightful holiday retreat for guests, featuring period details alongside architect-designed contemporary fixtures, situated just 3.5 miles from the seaside town of Swanage.
- Sleeps: 3
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: No
This property is situated in a quiet countryside location on Dorset’s Isle of Purbeck, within a few miles of the coast at Swanage to the east and Dancing Ledge to the south. Each of these offers very different seaside experiences, with Swanage boasting a wide sandy beach next to which visitors will find a swathe of cafes, kiosks, beach shops, and deckchair hire. Dancing Ledge, meanwhile, is part of the breathtaking rugged coastline of the Jurassic Coast, famed for its fossil-rich beaches, this whole area is renowned for its breath-taking walks with magnificent seascapes. To the north of the village, Corfe Castle is a popular day trip, as are Bovington Tank Museum and Monkey World.
The front door of this 18th-century cottage opens directly into the charming lounge, a wonderfully cosy room with a comfortable sofa, a window seat, an open fire, and a Netflix-enabled TV. Next to the lounge, the kitchen/diner has been thoughtfully updated in a contemporary style and features bi-fold doors which allow guests to extend the space out into the garden. Everything is provided to allow guests to make all their favourite meals, including an oven, hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, and washer/dryer. A hallway leads to the bunk bedroom, a restful room with a beamed ceiling and cottage-style window, across the hall from which the chic and stylish bathroom is fully tiled and offers a shower-over-bath and WC. The staircase which leads to the first floor is an interesting and unusual feature that has been salvaged from a ship and has a rope handrail. Once upstairs, guests will find the remaining bedroom: a pretty twin room that has a chest of drawers and a wardrobe.
Outside, the property benefits from a pleasant garden to the rear of the property which comprises a terraced patio with garden furniture and a BBQ, as well as a lawn. There is off-road parking for one car to the side of the property.
Please note there is a refundable £100 security deposit for this property payable closer to the start of your holiday.
- Charming Grade II listed cottage sleeping four guests
- Characterful period property boasting well-maintained original features
- Close to Corfe Castle, the Jurassic Coast and the sandy peninsula of Studland
- Attractive garden to the rear of the property with lawn and terraced seating area
- Tranquil rural location between the villages of Langton Matravers and Kingston
- Situated on the picturesque Isle of Purbeck, just a short drive from Corfe Castle
- Sleeps 3 1
- 2 bedrooms 1 twin and 1 ground floor bunk bedroom
- Bathroom with shower over bath and WC
- Wi-Fi included
- Oven, hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, and washing machine
- Bed linen, heating, and electric included
- Towels available to hire
- Regret no pets
- 100 security deposit payable prior to arrival
- Off-road parking for 1 car
- Pub within walking distance, shop 1
- 5 miles, beach 2
- 5 miles
- Grade II listed cottage with restricted headroom at the front door and also slightly reduced height in the lounge
- Children over the age of 10 welcome
- Lockable cycle shed available
- For sleeps 4 occupancy, party makeup must be 2 adults and 2 children over the age of 10
Langton Matravers is a village located between Swanage and Corfe Castle. The village has a village shop and post office. The village also has two pubs which offer traditional home-cooked food. Visit the local museum and discover the history of the quarries in the village. There are many footpaths in Langton Matravers, making it a great place for walking. The most popular trail is along the South West Coast Path to take in the sights of The Dancing Ledge. This is a natural formation of rock ledge, which at times makes the water seem as if it is dancing. Visit Keates Quarry and discover the many limestone dinosaur footprints. For a great family day out visit the Putlake Adventure Farm and let the kids explore while you relax with a coffee.