Eype Honeysuckle Cottage
Located in West Bay, Dorset
This beautifully renovated 300 year old character cottage has been lovingly updated to offer modern amenities and a real home from home feel.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: 2
Situated in the picturesque seaside village of Eype near Bridport, the property is surrounded by the rolling West Dorset hills. The village itself boasts a popular pub and hotel, while a short walk will bring you to its beautiful sand and gravel beach. The World Heritage Jurassic Coast has plenty to offer, from fossil hunting to scuba diving, paragliding and boating. Or, simply follow the coastal path for a bracing walk with breathtaking scenery at every step. Other nearby attractions include the seaside town of West Bay, the markets in Bridport and numerous National Trust properties and gardens. If all this is just too much then simply relax in your enclosed garden and admire the views.
Inside, the accommodation is cosy and open plan with an open fire, wooden flooring and plenty of natural light. Prepare meals in the well-equipped kitchen, which includes an electric oven and hob, integrated fridge with ice compartment, microwave, coffee machine, food mixer and other kitchen gadgets. A separate utility room located in an outside shed houses a washer/dryer. Dine at the table in the kitchen before retreating to the cosy lounge area for an evening beside the fire. This area also includes an Amazon Echo, Smart TV with Amazon Firestick and DVD player for quiet evenings in. Upstairs there are two light and bright bedrooms, one double with far-reaching views and one twin. The bedrooms share a shower room on the first floor which has a WC and heated towel rail.
Stepping outside to the rear garden, there is a decked patio area with garden furniture for enjoying al fresco drinks and BBQs. Steps lead down from this area to an enclosed lawn beyond where you can set up the hammock and enjoy stunning views of the surrounding rolling countryside. This is also perfect for children and dogs to play in.
- Situated in a quiet, picturesque seaside village and just a 10-minute stroll to the secluded beach
- Enjoy the far-reaching countryside views over the rolling hills from the pretty enclosed cottage garden
- Fantastic walks to explore on the nearby South West Coast Path which runs along the scenic Jurassic Coast
- 2 bedrooms 1 double and 1 twin
- 1 shower room with shower and WC
- Electric oven and hob, integrated fridge with ice compartment, microwave, coffee machine and food mixer
- A separate utility room located in an outside shed houses a washer/dryer and storage for bikes, boots, bodyboards and other sporting equipment
- Welcome pack on arrival
- Amazon Echo for music and local information
- Smart TV with Amazon Firestick and DVD player
- Open fire with the first bag of coal provided
- Enclosed garden with furniture, BBQ and a hammock to relax in
- Electric and night storage heating included
- Wi-Fi included
- 2 dogs welcome
- Please note this 300-year-old character cottage has low ceilings and doorways in areas and open tread cottage style stairs
- Allocated parking for 1 car a 3-minute walk away from the cottage, it is possible to stop your car briefly outside the cottage to load/unload
- Beach, pub and hotel serving restaurant food, small shops available in season within walking distance, nearest supermarket in Bridport 1 mile
With the stunning golden glow of the majestic sandstone cliffs, West Bay is the" Golden Gateway" to the Jurassic Coast. West Bay offers some stunning landscapes to explore, with breathtaking views from its cliff tops. The village features in the Good Beach Guide as achieving the highest award for seawater quality. East Beach stretches as far as you can see along Chesil Beach to Portland Bill. West Beach is ideal for younger children as it has a protective cove and is sandy. In the summer, a lifeguard service watches over the waters of both beaches. The town, harbour, and beach were the location for the series Broadchurch which has made this previously hidden gem even more popular with visitors.