Located in Burton Bradstock, Dorset
Nestled within the pretty village of Burton Bradstock and within walking distance to the beach, this pretty cottage is an ideal holiday home for couples and families alike.
- Sleeps: 5
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: No
This delightful cottage is situated on a quiet village road, within the beautiful village of Burton Bradstock which has all the local amenities you could need including a village shop and local pubs. The beach is only half a mile away and the larger town of Bridport with its great range of amenities, eateries, markets and activities is just a 3 mile drive from the property.
Entering the property into the sitting/dining room with its rustic exposed beams and toasty log burner, you will find a window seat, just the spot for watching the world go by. Two steps lead into the kitchen which boasts a lovely Belfast sink and wooden worktops, giving a touch of country style. A door leads from the kitchen to the terrace and garden areas. There is a downstairs bathroom at this property, and it has a bath with an overhead shower and WC. Heading up to the first floor of the cottage, there are three bedrooms 1 double, 1 twin and 1 single. Completing the first floor is a contemporary shower room with WC.
Outside, there is a pretty sunny cottage style garden which is an impressive 80 ft in length. A courtyard is accessed via a shared path and there are two further terraces and a summer house surrounded by flowers, a beautiful area to enjoy dining al fresco. Parking is available on the village lane near the property.
- Ideal bolt-hole tucked away in a picturesque village and walking distance to the beach
- Spend lazy days in the pretty cottage style garden or curl up with a book in the summer house
- Located on the Jurassic Coast with many coastal and countryside walks to explore
- 3 bedrooms 1 double, 1 twin and 1 single (with 3' x 5'9'' bed)
- Discounts available for couples staying during off-peak periods between November and Easter (please call to enquire)
- 2 bathrooms 1 bathroom with bath with overhead shower and WC on the ground floor; 1 shower room and WC on the first floor (please note access to a shower is via two small steps)
- Kitchen Belfast sink, electric oven and hob, fridge with icebox, microwave, washing machine and dishwasher
- Log burner (logs/coal included Oct-Apr; kindling and firelighters not included)
- Smart TV, Hi-Fi
- Wi-Fi (email and web browsing only)
- Central heating
- On-street parking available
- Regret, no dogs
- Beach 0
- 5 miles
- Pub 200 yds
- Shop 300 yds
- Shared pathway leading to the garden
Burton Bradstock is a pretty village famous for its sandstone cliffs. You can reach the nearby villages of West Bay and West Bexington along the South West Coast Path. Burton Bradstock has a few pubs, a post office, tearooms, and cafes. The cliffs show alternate hard and soft layered geology of the Bridport Sands which make it appear to glow bright gold in the sunlight, a spectacular and mesmerizing sight. A break in the cliff formation provides access to the National Trust owned Hive Beach. The beach is very popular with families and is a favourite with visitors and locals who enjoy walking their dogs and enjoying a meal at The Hive Beach Cafe. The village also plays host to the wonderful Spring Tide Food Festival each May. This gives visitors the chance to sample and buy local produce including a selection of local beer and cider.