Located in Bridport, Dorset
Stunning hamstone cottage set within the tranquil village of Uploders, with three bedrooms, BBQ terrace and a wild meadow garden.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: No
This handsome cottage is located in the small village of Uploders and has a traditional exterior arising from the beautiful honey-coloured hamstone used in construction, sourced from neighbouring Somerset. Uploders is within easy driving distance of the Iron Age hill fort of Eggardon Hill (2 miles) and Bridport is only a 3 mile drive away with its bustling shopping area and quirky markets. The River Asker runs through the village and is just the place for peaceful riverbank walks. Or take a trip to West Bay, made famous by the BBC series Broadchurch and admire the expansive beach and stunning cliffs that line it. With great routes for walking and cycling leading directly from the property, there is something here for everyone.
The property is accessed up three steps through the entrance hall into the open plan kitchen/dining room which has a pretty window seat and a useful pantry for storing shopping items. Across the hall is the dual aspect sitting room which has an additional window seat, as well as a feature fireplace with electric effect wood burner fire giving warmth and a cosy feel to the room. The comfortable furniture continues this theme and lends itself easily to evenings curled up watching a favourite show or reading a good book. There is also a contemporary shower room on the ground floor. The upstairs of the property has slightly reduced height in the eaves and offers three bedrooms, all with original beams. The first bedroom is spacious and has a king-size bed, there is a light and airy twin room and a further twin room with one raised bed. Completing the first floor is the contemporary style bathroom with a shower over the bath.
The cottage is located off the village lane so does not have a front garden, however, the enclosed rear garden more than makes up for this, with extensive views of the local countryside and Eggardon hill in the distance. There is a well-appointed terrace with plants, outdoor furniture and a BBQ for outside living. There is a further terrace leading up to a sloping wild meadow garden to experience nature up close.
- Charming thatched cottage located in a quaint, rural village with an enclosed garden
- An ideal base for walkers and cyclists with direct access to many routes
- Just a short drive to the Jurassic Coast and South West Coast Path
- 3 bedrooms 1 king-size bedroom and 2 twin bedrooms (one with raised bed)
- 2 bathrooms 1 bathroom with shower over bath and WC on the first floor; 1 shower room with WC on the ground floor
- Kitchen recessed range oven, fridge, microwave, dishwasher
- Pantry with fridge/freezer and washing machine
- Electric flame effect fire in the lounge
- Central heating included
- Towels included (please bring your own beach/pool towels)
- On-road parking on the lane outside the cottage
- Enclosed rear garden with seating
- Wi-Fi included
- Pub 150 yds and local shop 2 miles
- Regret no pets
- TV/DVD, iPod dock
- Please note that this property is accessed via steps
- Regret no children under the age of 5
Bridport is a small, busy market town on Dorset's Jurassic Coast. The town has quite a few independent shops, a supermarket, cafes and restaurants. There are also local markets here each week. Bridport has an arts centre, cinema, and museum. The museum includes an exhibition of the town's long history of rope-making amongst other exhibits. The town hosts the local food festival for a week at the end of June and ends with the Round Table Beer Festival. The town holds its annual carnival on the third Saturday in August. Visit Palmers Thatched Brewery to sample local beers and ale. Explore Mangerton Mill which is still a working water mill, visit the tea rooms attached and finish off with a country walk by the river.