Hill View Cottage
Located in Langton Matravers, Dorset
With views of the Purbeck Hills and dating back to the 18th century, this delightful holiday cottage is perfectly situated in a picturesque village in the heart of a popular walking and cycling area.
- Sleeps: 5
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: 2
The cottage lies in the tranquil village of Langton Matravers, which is a traditional Purbeck village with a popular public house, as well as a village shop and parish church a short walk from the cottage. This is a popular walking and cycling area, with the spectacular World Heritage Site of the Jurassic Coast just a twenty-minute walk away. The historic village of Corfe Castle, with its picturesque thatched cottages, tea shops and the famous castle is also nearby. The seaside resort of Swanage with its sandy beach is just five minutes away, with the hilltop villages of Kingston and Worth Matravers even closer. Places to visit include Kingston Lacey and the stunning RSPB nature reserve at Arne.
On entering this pretty cottage, which retains some original features including some exposed stonework and a Purbeck flagstone floor in the lounge, you will find yourself in the light and spacious open plan lounge/kitchen/diner. Tastefully furnished, with plenty of comfy seating, a traditional wood burner, SkyTV and DVD, as well as a choice of books and games, the welcoming and attractive lounge is an ideal space to relax in at the end of a great day. You will also find a delightful dining area, and the stylishly designed kitchen is fully equipped with an electric oven and gas hob, fridge/freezer and integrated dishwasher. A washing machine is also provided, and there s also a ground floor WC and a useful drying area with hanging space for coats and boots. Stairs lead you up to the first floor where you will find three lovely bedrooms, including a master double with a king-size bed and views over the garden. There s also a double bedroom with an original fireplace, which also has views out over the garden, and you will also find a single bedroom which has views across the surrounding countryside. An additional single inflatable bed can be provided for up to two children in one of the double rooms. There is also a shower room complete with WC.
Stepping outside, you will find a pretty south facing enclosed garden at the front of the property. A rustic flagstone patio adjoins the cottage and features garden furniture and a BBQ so you can enjoy dining al fresco. Set into the patio is a transparent cover, which looks down into the original water well that used to supply the cottage, where a couple of goldfish now make their home. You can admire the views of Swanage Bay from the garden, and across to the Isle of Wight on a clear day. Bikes and outdoor equipment can be stored in the garden shed, and parking for three cars is provided in the gravel driveway at the top of the garden.
- Lovingly renovated in 2017 this beautiful 18th-century cottage is an ideal holiday home for exploring the Purbeck Hills
- Ideal for guests wanting to enjoy spectacular coastlines and glorious beaches
- A perfect base for keen walkers, cyclists, sightseers and nature-lovers
- Visit Swanage, Kingston Lacey, Corfe Castle and Poole Harbour
- Explore the stunning Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site
- This lovely cottage is a perfect retreat surrounded by beautiful views
- 3 bedrooms 1 master double bedroom, 1 double, 1 single (plus a single inflatable bed for 2 children)
- 1 shower room with WC
- 1 ground floor WC
- Electric oven and gas hob, fridge/freezer and integrated dishwasher
- Wood burner, SkyTV and DVD in the lounge
- Washing machine
- Enclosed garden with patio
- Garden furniture and BBQ
- Bikes and outdoor equipment storage
- Off-road parking for 3 cars in the gravel driveway
- Fully renovated in 2017
- Security deposit £100 per booking
- Central heating and electric included
- Bed linen included
- Wi-Fi included
- 2 dogs welcome
- Please note that the lane to the cottage is unmade, so visitors should take care, especially in low profile vehicles
- Pub and shop within walking distance
- 2 and a half miles from Swanage
Langton Matravers is a village located between Swanage and Corfe Castle. The village has a village shop and post office. The village also has two pubs which offer traditional home-cooked food. Visit the local museum and discover the history of the quarries in the village. There are many footpaths in Langton Matravers, making it a great place for walking. The most popular trail is along the South West Coast Path to take in the sights of The Dancing Ledge. This is a natural formation of rock ledge, which at times makes the water seem as if it is dancing. Visit Keates Quarry and discover the many limestone dinosaur footprints. For a great family day out visit the Putlake Adventure Farm and let the kids explore while you relax with a coffee.