Located in Preston, Dorset
A charming little retreat for two sitting within the pretty coastal village of Preston, well-appointed to discover Weymouth and the picturesque Jurassic Coast with all its attractions.
- Sleeps: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: No
Originally part of a farmhouse, this ancient stone and cob cottage is shielded by trees as it sits back from the main road leading into Weymouth, offering a peaceful location to be enjoyed. Head out on foot to visit the local pubs and independent village shops or follow the main road taking you to Weymouth, located just 3.5 miles away. Weymouth is home to a whole host of incredible attractions; you could easily spend your days in the picturesque seaside town. From the cliffside ruins of Sandsfoot Castle to the stunning Greenhill Gardens and the tranquil nature preserve of RSPB Radipole Lake, the options are truly endless. After a day of exploration, retreat to one of the many eateries or welcoming pubs.
Step inside the stable door into a hallway offering space for coats and boots after a day of discovering the great outdoors. Make your way into the kitchen area, a traditional farmhouse space that is compact yet well equipped with all the amenities you’ll need throughout your seaside break. After you’ve cooked up a hearty meal, head to the homely open plan lounge and dining area to relax before firing up the wood burner and curling up on the sofa for an evening in front of the Smart TV. When the day is done, head up the open tread stairs to the eaves of the cottage where you will find a welcoming double bedroom and bathroom complete with bath and shower overhead, perfect for long hot soaks after a day along the coast. Please note, there is reduced head height under the eaves in the bedroom.
Outside, make your way down a few steps from the parking area to enjoy the sloping garden complete with pretty lawn and shrubs. Enjoy a spot of al fresco dining in the gravelled seating area or start your day with a morning coffee as you enjoy the peace and quiet of village life. There s an outbuilding which houses a freezer and washing machine, in addition to generous off road parking for one car.
- Quaint stone and cob cottage, a peaceful retreat with the convenience of a pub and shop under half a mile away
- Perfectly situated to discover the beautiful Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site
- Ideal location for cyclists and walkers to enjoy Dorset's Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- 1 double bedroom (with reduced head height)
- 1 bathroom with bath and overhead shower
- Hob, oven, fridge, microwave, dishwasher
- Outbuilding: washing machine, freezer
- Outside seating area and garden
- Central heating
- Wood burner logs included October end of April
- Off-road parking
- Smart TV
- Wi-Fi included (email and web browsing only)
- Regret no pets
- Shop and pub within half a mile