Located in Charmouth, Dorset
Located only half a mile from the wonderful Charmouth Beach, nothing says 'revitalise' like a healthy dose of sea air to start and end your day.
- Sleeps: 5
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: 2
On the doorstep of some of Dorset s most exquisite natural gems, spend hours and days exploring the surrounding areas. Hunt for fossils on Charmouth Beach and stroll past colourful beach huts, ice cream in hand. Take your dog to the year-round dog-friendly Monmouth Beach (3.5 miles) and cool off toes and paws with a splash in the sea. For the best vistas, stretch your legs with a walk up the magnificent Golden Cap (4.5 miles) and later refuel with a bite to eat in the local pub (50 yards).
Take three steps down to the front door and let your eyes roam over the bright, beautiful spaces within. Set across the ground floor, the spacious lounge and kitchen/diner welcome you with lashings of light and a playful mix of classic and contemporary. Stretch out on the sofa as the wood burner casts its amber glow across the room and watch on as the kids set to work on a board game. For later on, there is a Smart TV and DVD player in the lounge so you can find a film or documentary to suit everyone and settle in for an evening of light entertainment accompanied by some sweet treats. For lunches and dinners at home, delve into the fridge and cupboards and get cracking on delicious family meals. As tantalising aromas waft their way from the oven, lay up the dining table or, for something extra special, prepare the outside table for feasts under the open sky. When you can feel tiredness begin to kick in, the staircase will lead you to the first floor. Here you will discover the three bedrooms and the family bathroom. Made up of two double bedrooms and one single, the cosy bedrooms all enjoy natural light and, for extra indulgent, are each kitted out with Smart TVs. For a morning rinse or evening soak, the family bathroom on the first floor has a shower over the bath and a heated towel rail so you can wrap yourself up in a warm, fluffy embrace.
Outside, the cottage benefits from an enclosed suntrap courtyard. Elegantly designed and bordered by pretty pot plants, it is a wonderful spot to sit with a book in the sunshine or gather around the table and chairs in the evening over a bottle of wine.
- Characterful and stylish 15th-century terrace cottage within walking distance to the beach
- Ideal location in a seaside village which lies in the heart of the Jurassic Coast's fossil hunting country
- A great destination for walking with many scenic routes inland and along the South West Coast Path
- 3 bedrooms: 2 doubles, 1 single
- 1 bathroom: bath with shower over the bath with WC
- Electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, coffee pod machine and washing machine
- Central heating
- Wood burner logs included October end of April
- Smart TV and DVD in lounge, Smart TV/DVDs in every bedroom
- Wi-Fi included
- Enclosed rear courtyard with seating
- Off-road parking for 1 small car, further unallocated on-street parking
- 2 dogs welcome
- Short breaks available
- Travel cot and highchair available on request at time of booking, please note there is no stairgate
- Pub, shops and beach within walking distance
Charmouth is a beautiful, unspoiled seaside village near Lyme Regis. For families, it is a chance to unwind and enjoy the charm the village has to offer. The village has two traditional pubs, as well as cafes. There are a post office, convenience store and bakers. The village is very picturesque and the National Trust controls significant portions of the scenic areas around the town. The area, famed for its fossils on the sandy beach is part of the World Heritage Jurassic Coast. Join in with a guided fossil hunt or visit the fossil centre to learn more. The beach is famous for its sandy shore and gently shelving waters make it the ideal family beach