Hyde Farmhouse Granary
Located in Bridport, Dorset
This beautifully converted Grade II listed granary offers cosy accommodation for a family or a couple and is situated in a picturesque village just outside the thriving Dorset town of Bridport.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: No
The charming village of Walditch makes a great base for exploring Dorset’s Jurassic Coast, with plenty of stunning clifftop and coastal walks to enjoy. Within 1 mile is the scenic Jellyfields Local Nature Reserve where you can walk amongst beautiful surroundings, ideal for nature lovers. West Bay is just 3 miles away and offers a glorious beach and impressive cliffs, with Golden Cap in the distance. There are numerous beaches and pretty towns and villages further along the coast, including Burton Bradstock (3 miles), Eype (3.5 miles), Seatown (6 miles), Charmouth (9 miles), and Chesil Beach (15.5 miles). The thriving market town of Bridport (1 mile) has a choice of shops, pubs and restaurants. Turning inland, places of interest include Eggardon Hill (5 miles), Lewesdon Hill (7 miles), Pilsdon Pen (8 miles), Forde Abbey (13 miles) and Lambert’s and Coney’s Castle (10 miles).
Entering this charming former granary, which has been sympathetically converted using environmentally friendly materials, you will find yourself in the light and stylish open-plan lounge/kitchen/diner. Retaining original features including exposed stonework and wooden beams, this is a welcoming and relaxing living area. The lounge features a TV/DVD, comfortable seating and a wood burner. There’s a delightful dining area, perfect for enjoying a family meal together. The kitchen is equipped with an oven, fridge, freezer, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine. From the lounge, a slope leads down to the ground floor twin bedroom which has a stone floor and a small inset feature window. There is also a shower room on the ground floor complete with a shower and WC. Heading upstairs you’ll find a spacious double bedroom with a vaulted ceiling with its original A-frame, exposed beams, oak floor and historic granary tallies. There is also an en-suite bathroom complete with a shower over the bath and a WC.
Stepping outside you can sit back in the front courtyard which has an unenclosed, partially screened area. There is ample off-road parking available.
- Get away from it all at this characterful property set in a peaceful village, the perfect rural sanctuary
- Surrounded by beautiful countryside with wonderful walks and running routes from the doorstep
- Stroll to the local nature reserve, explore the network of footpaths and be in harmony with nature
- Just three miles to spectacular beaches and coastal footpaths on the stunning Jurassic Coast
- 2 bedrooms 1 double and 1 twin
- 2 bathrooms 1 shower room with shower and WC on the ground floor; 1 en suite bathroom with shower over bath and WC
- Electric oven and hob, dishwasher, fridge, washing machine, microwave, small freezer in under stairs cupboard
- Woodburner (logs included October end of April)
- Outdoor seating area
- Off-road parking available for up to 3 cars
- Regret no pets
- Wi-Fi included
- Central heating and electric
- Underfloor heating
- Beach 2 miles
- Shops and pub 1 mile
- Regret no children under the age of 5
Bridport is a small, busy market town on Dorset's Jurassic Coast. The town has quite a few independent shops, a supermarket, cafes and restaurants. There are also local markets here each week. Bridport has an arts centre, cinema, and museum. The museum includes an exhibition of the town's long history of rope-making amongst other exhibits. The town hosts the local food festival for a week at the end of June and ends with the Round Table Beer Festival. The town holds its annual carnival on the third Saturday in August. Visit Palmers Thatched Brewery to sample local beers and ale. Explore Mangerton Mill which is still a working water mill, visit the tea rooms attached and finish off with a country walk by the river.