Located in West Bay, Dorset
This beautiful Dorset holiday home typifies the look of a beachside property and fully embraces the panoramic views of the surrounding sea, harbour and hills.
- Sleeps: 8
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 3
- Pet Friendly: 2
Located on a quiet road leading to the sea at West Bay near Bridport and the adjoining crescent-shaped beach near the harbour. West Bay has a wealth of things to see and do, and with its working harbour and harbourside cafes, it is a fantastic place to watch the world go by. Or, you could get adventurous and take a trip on one of the local boats to take in a tour or go mackerel fishing and try to catch your dinner!
After first entering the property through the main hall you’ll find yourself in the sitting room that has attractive parquet flooring and a bay window enhancing the spacious nature of this whole property. Heading through into the dining room and kitchen, there are bi-folding doors that open out to the terrace, combining indoor and outdoor living with views of the sea. The kitchen area is complete with an oven and hob, fridge/freezer, Nespresso coffee pod machine, microwave and dishwasher. Moving through the French doors takes you into a beautiful, spacious sunroom complete with mosaic tiled flooring, a cosy and snug log burner fire and glimpses of the sea. You can also access the balcony through another set of French doors from the sunroom, which is the perfect place to enjoy watching the sunset and take in the pure sea air. Walking up the winding stairs will lead you to two further bedrooms both of which have views out to the sea and have slightly reduced ceiling height due to being in the eaves of the building. The spacious master double bedroom has a stylish en-suite bathroom with a roll-top bath and separate walk-in shower. The second bedroom is a twin and completing the first floor is a bathroom with a bath and shower overhead. There are two further bedrooms on the ground floor, one double and one twin, with dual aspect. Also on the ground floor is a shower room with a shower and WC, as well as a separate WC with a washing machine and tumble dryer.
The enclosed garden has three levels and consists of paved paths, lawn and raised borders. There is a large terraced area bordered by flowers, trees and shrubs – the perfect place for a BBQ during the summer for some alfresco dining. Alternatively, you could cook chilli in the tripod above the fire pit while potatoes cook in the coals, or relax while toasting marshmallows and watch the sunset.
Dogs are charged at £20 each per full or part week.
Please note there is a refundable £150 security deposit for this property payable closer to the start of your holiday.
- Set in a prime location on a quiet, residential lane with panoramic views of the sea, harbour and hills
- In the heart of the Jurassic Coast's fossil hunting country and only 150 yards from the beach
- Spacious detached house with fantastic outdoor space for all the family to enjoy
- 4 bedrooms 2 doubles and 2 twins
- 3 bathrooms 1 en suite with roll-top bath, separate shower, and WC on the first floor; 1 with shower over the bath and WC on the first floor; 1 shower room and WC on the ground floor; additional downstairs WC
- Electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer, microwave, Nespresso coffee pod machine and dishwasher
- Washing machine and tumble dryer located in the downstairs cloakroom
- Woodburner (logs/coal included October April; kindling and firelighters not included)
- Smart TV, DVD, iPod dock
- Wi-fi is available
- Selection of books, games and DVDs
- Central heating included
- A hairdryer is available
- Enclosed garden with seating
- 2 dogs welcome
- BBQ and fire pit
- Outside tap for muddy boots and paws
- Off-road parking for 2 cars, additional parking in the harbourside car parks
- Beach, pubs, restaurants and shops less than 0
- 5 miles away
With the stunning golden glow of the majestic sandstone cliffs, West Bay is the" Golden Gateway" to the Jurassic Coast. West Bay offers some stunning landscapes to explore, with breathtaking views from its cliff tops. The village features in the Good Beach Guide as achieving the highest award for seawater quality. East Beach stretches as far as you can see along Chesil Beach to Portland Bill. West Beach is ideal for younger children as it has a protective cove and is sandy. In the summer, a lifeguard service watches over the waters of both beaches. The town, harbour, and beach were the location for the series Broadchurch which has made this previously hidden gem even more popular with visitors.