Located in Bridport, Dorset
This quaint cottage is nestled in a beautiful village in the Dorset Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and is less than a mile from the magnificent Jurassic Coast.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: 2
Situated in the small village of Eype. this lovely semi-detached cottage is conveniently set back from the lane that leads down to the beach. The property backs onto the local pub but is not overlooked in any way. As it is so conveniently placed for the beach, it is a dog walker’s paradise. Take in some of the local coastal walks or let your four-legged friend frolic on the beach and take a dip in the water. The property is located only 2 miles from the town of Bridport where you can have a stroll around the harbour and witness the colourful fishing boats and daily work of the fishermen, or relax in one of the many cafes and watch the world go by.
Entrance to the accommodation is through the well-appointed kitchen/dining room in which you will notice a host of lovely features such as the solid oak breakfast bar and feature fireplace in the dining end of the room. There is a small step down into the dining room. On entering the hallway, there is a door leading to the garden and a cosy lounge with an open fire and a pretty window seat that overlooks the beautiful surroundings. The room has windows on two aspects so is very light and airy. In the upstairs of the property (reached via a stairgate), there are two double bedrooms which feature original wooden flooring to both; and the master bedroom also has its own en-suite shower bathroom and Victorian fireplace adding a period touch. The master bedroom has double aspect windows which, again, look out over the picturesque valley. The bathroom has a bath with a power shower overhead, WC and sink.
The semi-detached cottage is accessed via a shared path and has a tranquil enclosed courtyard garden located to the front surrounded by flowers and shrubbery. The raised seating area at the end of the courtyard offers beautiful views of the valley; as well as these views being appreciated from the large rear unenclosed decked area. Off-road parking for one car is situated just off the rear decked area.
Dogs are charged at £20 each per full or part week.
- Charming cottage nestled in a quiet, unspoilt village and a stroll away from the nearby beach
- Beautiful views of the surrounding countryside from the outdoor living space
- A great destination for walking with many scenic routes inland and along the South West Coast Path
- Maximum 4 people occupancy
- 2 bedrooms 2 double; 1 with en suite
- 2 bathrooms family bathroom: bath with power shower over, WC and sink; en suite with shower, WC and sink
- Multi-level kitchen/dining room: step down into the dining room from the kitchen
- Kitchen with cooker, fridge, microwave, washing machine, microwave, freezer and dishwasher
- Night storage and electric panel heaters
- Open fire (logs/coal included Oct-Apr; kindling and firelighters not included)
- TV with DVD
- Off-road parking for 1 car
- 2 dogs welcome
- Stairgate at top of stairs
- Local pub located 50 yards away
- Local shop (seasonal) 1 mile
- Shingle beach less than a mile
- Regret no children under the age of 3
Bridport is a small, busy market town on Dorset's Jurassic Coast. The town has quite a few independent shops, a supermarket, cafes and restaurants. There are also local markets here each week. Bridport has an arts centre, cinema, and museum. The museum includes an exhibition of the town's long history of rope-making amongst other exhibits. The town hosts the local food festival for a week at the end of June and ends with the Round Table Beer Festival. The town holds its annual carnival on the third Saturday in August. Visit Palmers Thatched Brewery to sample local beers and ale. Explore Mangerton Mill which is still a working water mill, visit the tea rooms attached and finish off with a country walk by the river.