Located in Charmouth, Dorset
Cosy yet spacious holiday cottage situated on the gorgeous Dorset coast. Perfect for exploring the beautiful beaches and coastal footpaths the Jurassic Coast has to offer.
- Sleeps: 5
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: No
Situated in the traditional Dorset seaside village of Charmouth, this charming gated holiday complex contains a number of cosy cottages, converted from former farm buildings. The lovely Charmouth beach is within walking distance and the property’s great location means the local pubs and shops are also just a short walk from your door, ideal for picking up the morning paper and more. A short drive or bus ride away is the wonderful town of Lyme Regis, which offers a beautiful unspoilt seafront with sheltered south-facing beaches and traditional deckchairs that line the promenade in the summer. The Jurassic coastline has been designated as England’s first Natural World Heritage Site and spans 95 miles of the Dorset and East Devon coastline, taking in some of the very finest walks and views available. There are many other attractions in the area including the charming resorts of Beer, Branscombe and numerous National Trust properties and gardens to name but a few.
Upon entering the cottage, you will be met with a spacious entrance hall leading to the lounge/diner area which has comfy sofas, a TV and DVD. There is ample room around the dining table to enjoy leisurely meals and French doors from this room open on to the outside patio area. The kitchen includes an electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer and dishwasher. There is a separate utility room containing a washer/dryer. Completing the ground floor is a wet room with a shower and WC. Heading upstairs there are two bedrooms, firstly a Master double bedroom with a king-size bed and TV, and also a triple bedroom containing three single beds. The bathroom on the first floor has a shower over the bath and a WC.
Outside is an enclosed patio area with a table and chairs. Guests are invited to enjoy the neighbouring holiday park which includes a shared, covered outdoor heated swimming pool (available during specific dates only and not available all year, please refer to the ‘need to know’ section for details), Char Valley Café which serves speciality teas and coffees and a shared outdoor children’s play area. For a reduced charge and available to adults, is the well-equipped Char Valley Health Club, including a gym, indoor pool, sauna and steam room. The beach, shops and pubs are all a short walk away
Due to the current situation with Covid-19 the shared facilities (swimming pool, Health Club, Cafe, children’s play area) at this property will be unavailable until further notice.
Please note there is a refundable £50 security deposit for this property payable closer to the start of your holiday.
- Charming coastal cottage on the prehistoric Jurassic Coast, sleeping five guests
- Lovely shared covered outdoor pool, please refer to 'need to know' for more details
- Health Club with gym, sauna, indoor pool and steam room with discounted entry
- Stunning Charmouth beach, shops, pubs and village amenities all within walking distance
- Perfect for families looking for an action-packed holiday
- Snug and homely interior for relaxation
- 2 bedrooms 1 double bedroom with a king-size bed, 1 triple bedroom with 3 single beds
- 1 bathroom with shower over bath and WC on the first floor; 1 wet room with shower and WC on the ground floor
- Kitchen electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher
- Utility room with a washer/dryer
- TV and DVD in the lounge, TV in the double bedroom
- Electric and central heating included
- Swimming pool use of the covered outdoor heated swimming pool is included for guests and is open for the following dates in 2021 : 3rd April 16th April, 1st 3rd May, 29th May 3rd September, 23rd 29th October
- The pool is open 7 days a week in the main school summer holidays between 10am 5pm and closed for lunch
- Health Club and Café opening times are: 9am 5pm Monday Friday (closed for lunch), 9am 1pm Sat and Sun
- Due to the current situation with Covid 19 the shared facilities (swimming pool, Health Club, Cafe, children s play area) at this property will be unavailable during the remainder of 2020
- Wi-Fi available for an additional charge payable onsite
- Typical charges per week for 2 devices is 15
- 00 and for 5 devices is 25
- 00 (please note Wi-Fi speeds may vary, therefore this connection may be unsuitable for streaming movies and games etc
- Regret no pets
- Short breaks only available during off-peak weeks
- A complex of 16 properties
- Ample parking on site
- Beach, shops and pubs all within walking distance
- Guests can arrive between 4pm 8pm
Charmouth is a beautiful, unspoiled seaside village near Lyme Regis. For families, it is a chance to unwind and enjoy the charm the village has to offer. The village has two traditional pubs, as well as cafes. There are a post office, convenience store and bakers. The village is very picturesque and the National Trust controls significant portions of the scenic areas around the town. The area, famed for its fossils on the sandy beach is part of the World Heritage Jurassic Coast. Join in with a guided fossil hunt or visit the fossil centre to learn more. The beach is famous for its sandy shore and gently shelving waters make it the ideal family beach