Located in Charmouth, Dorset
Overlooking Charmouth beach, this spacious detached property boasts a light and airy interior with a wonderful outdoor area for dining al fresco.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 3
- Pet Friendly: No
Situated in the seaside village of Charmouth, this beautiful three-bedroom Victorian cottage is ideally placed to access all local amenities and a nearby nature reserve. The beach is only a short 300-yard walk away, ideal for sun-seekers while the bustling tourist spot of Lyme Regis is only 2 miles away. Lyme Regis boasts a wealth of interesting activities and things to do, from the local museum to a 14th-century watermill and even Dinosaurland, a must for families with children.
Step into the spacious porch and through the front door into the delightful dining room, which offers glimpses of the sea and a beautiful period Victorian fireplace which adds warmth and style. The cottage benefits from original wooden floors in most rooms which adds a touch of style and tradition. The dual aspect sitting room boasts a bay window with stunning sea views and a log burner, which provides warmth on cooler days as you curl up on the sofas with a book or catch up with your favourite programmes on the Smart TV. There is a well-appointed kitchen where you can prepare your favourite meals or sit at the breakfast bar with a morning coffee. From the dining room step into the large conservatory which has comfortable seating and French doors that open into the garden. Also on the ground floor, you will find a playroom, utility room and contemporary shower room with WC. Heading upstairs, three bedrooms await at the top. There is a light and airy, dual aspect double bedroom which has a feature Victorian fireplace and views across the beach. The spacious twin room is also dual aspect with a feature Victorian fireplace and sea views. The third bedroom is a delightful twin room which boasts countryside views. Completing the first floor is a bathroom with a handheld shower and WC, as well as a separate shower room with WC. There are a couple of steps down to the two bathrooms on this level and a low door to access them, so please mind your head!
The front of the property is quiet and peaceful, being located on a no-through lane overlooking the beach. The large, enclosed rear garden is separated into three different areas and these are encircled by flower beds, trees and shrubbery. Steps lead around the garden to the BBQ patio area and the hidden gem of a games room with table football and a mini pool table, good fun for all the family.
- Charming detached cottage overlooking the beach and hidden away on a secluded no-through lane
- Tranquil location within just a short stroll to the beach and an array of coastal walks
- Spacious outdoor garden for all the family to enjoy outdoor living and alfresco meals
- 3 bedrooms 1 double bedroom and 2 twin bedrooms
- 3 bathrooms first-floor bathroom with bath, handheld shower and WC; first-floor shower room with WC; ground floor shower room with WC
- Kitchen range cooker with gas hob, fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher
- Utility room Belfast sink, washing machine and tumble dryer
- Log burner (logs/coal included Oct-Apr; kindling and firelighters not included)
- Central heating included
- Towels provided (please bring your own beach towels)
- Hairdryers in each bedroom
- Wi-Fi broadband
- Smart TV iPod dock in the lounge
- Selection of games, books and DVDs
- Games room with table football and mini pool table
- Steps and low door to access bathrooms
- Enclosed garden with seating
- Parking for up to 3 cars in the garage or on the lane
- No smoking
- Regret no dogs
- Local pub 350 yards, shop 600 yards, beach 300 yards
Charmouth is a beautiful, unspoiled seaside village near Lyme Regis. For families, it is a chance to unwind and enjoy the charm the village has to offer. The village has two traditional pubs, as well as cafes. There are a post office, convenience store and bakers. The village is very picturesque and the National Trust controls significant portions of the scenic areas around the town. The area, famed for its fossils on the sandy beach is part of the World Heritage Jurassic Coast. Join in with a guided fossil hunt or visit the fossil centre to learn more. The beach is famous for its sandy shore and gently shelving waters make it the ideal family beach