Located in West Bay, Dorset
With breathtaking views in every direction, you can't help but feel inspired to get out and explore when staying at this cosy and stylish seaside cottage.
- Sleeps: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: No
The beautiful property is perfect for couples wishing to get away from it all and spend time soaking up the tranquillity of the Dorset coast and countryside. You’ll be within easy reach of some fantastic coastal walks and cycle routes along the dramatic 95 miles of Jurassic Coast. Both Seatown and nearby Chideock lie in a nationally recognised Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and, with their charming sandstone thatched cottages and superb sea views, you really will feel like you’ve stepped into a painting during your stay.
The cottage is set on one level and you enter through French doors into the open plan kitchen/lounge/diner, which benefits from fantastic countryside and sea views and has a feature wood burner and TV. The kitchen is equipped with an oven, hob and microwave so you can easily rustle up a hearty breakfast to set you up for the day or experiment with local ingredients you’ve picked up during your travels. The charming king-size bedroom has an en suite shower room with a walk in shower.
Stepping outside the property you’ll be taken aback by the panoramic view. The raised decked area is the perfect place to sit back and take it all in whilst planning your next adventure or relaxing with a glass of wine after a long day. The outdoor furniture means it’s also easy for you to dine alfresco on a beautiful summer s evening.
- An idyllic setting for a relaxing getaway boasting panoramic views down the valley towards the sea
- Hidden away in an elevated position with a peaceful outdoor seating area for relaxing on a summer’s evening
- Stroll down to the beach or explore the many cycle routes and coastal footpaths along the Jurassic Coast
- Bedroom 1 king size
- 1 en suite shower room with walk in shower and WC
- Oven, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer
- TV in the lounge
- Wi-Fi is available - suitable for browsing and emails
- Regret no children
- Regret no pets
- Off-road parking for 1 car
- Seasonal shop and pub within 500 metres
- Beach within walking distance
With the stunning golden glow of the majestic sandstone cliffs, West Bay is the" Golden Gateway" to the Jurassic Coast. West Bay offers some stunning landscapes to explore, with breathtaking views from its cliff tops. The village features in the Good Beach Guide as achieving the highest award for seawater quality. East Beach stretches as far as you can see along Chesil Beach to Portland Bill. West Beach is ideal for younger children as it has a protective cove and is sandy. In the summer, a lifeguard service watches over the waters of both beaches. The town, harbour, and beach were the location for the series Broadchurch which has made this previously hidden gem even more popular with visitors.