Located in Charmouth, Dorset
This light and spacious 18th century detached property offers fantastic views towards Lyme Bay and makes a fantastic holiday home for a family looking to explore the Charmouth and Lyme Regis area of Dorset.
- Sleeps: 10
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 4
- Pet Friendly: No
The picturesque village of Charmouth makes a wonderful base for exploring Dorset s stunning Jurassic Coast. Charmouth Beach is just a mile away and is known as the best fossil hunting beach in the county. Nearby is the historic town of Lyme Regis (4 miles), famous for its links to Jane Austen and Henry Fielding. The town has plenty of great independent shops, pubs and restaurants as well as landmarks including the Cobb Harbour. Other places to explore along the coast include West Bay (8 miles), Hive Beach (9.5 miles) and Golden Cap (3 miles). Going inland you can visit the pretty town of Bridport (6.5 miles), explore Coney s Castle (4 miles) or climb Pilsdon Pen (6.5 miles).
The house features three wings of split level accommodation. Steps lead up to the main hall where you can leave coats and boots. The bright and welcoming lounge is a lovely space for relaxing in, with plenty of seating, TV/DVD, a wood burner and sea views. The kitchen/diner offers a delightful dining area and the kitchen is equipped with an electric hob, double oven, fridge, freezer, dishwasher and microwave. A useful utility room accommodates the washing machine and dryer. Three steps lead up to the East Wing where you will find two comfortable bedrooms: one twin and a bunk room. This wing has a bathroom with a shower over the bath and a WC. Exploring the West Wing, reached via two steps from the hall, you will find three further bedrooms. There is a double room with sea views, an en suite shower room with WC and a door out onto the balcony. There is also a twin room with sea views and a bathroom with a shower over the bath and a WC. A flight of stairs lead down to the final bedroom as well as a door to the parking area. Here you will find a further double with an en suite shower room with WC. This bedroom opens out onto the terrace which has outdoor furniture.
Going outside you will find a charming terrace under the first-floor balcony where you can sit and enjoy a meal or an evening drink. A few steps lead up to the unenclosed garden which has a long sloping lawn with shrubs, flower and fruit trees. There is parking for up to 4 cars at the top of the steep drive.
- Spacious property set in a tranquil spot with sea views and a large garden for all the family to enjoy
- Nestled on the edge of a seaside village in the heart of the Jurassic Coast's fossil hunting country
- Just a short walk to the beach and in an idyllic base for keen walkers, nature-lovers and fossil-hunters
- 5 bedrooms 2 twin rooms, 1 bunk bedroom, 2 en suite double rooms (1 with 5 bed)
- 4 bathrooms 2 bathrooms with shower over bath and WC, 2 en suite shower rooms with WC
- 1 ground floor WC
- Electric hob, electric double oven, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer
- TV/DVD in lounge
- Wood burner logs included October end of April
- Regret no dogs
- Wi-Fi included (email and web browsing only)
- Central heating and electric included
- Selection of books and games available
- A hairdryer is available
- Garden with outdoor furniture
- Off-road parking for up to 4 cars at the top of the steep drive, tarmacked parking area is on a very gentle slope
- Beach ½ miles
- Lyme Regis 2 miles
- Shop/pub ½ miles
Charmouth is a beautiful, unspoiled seaside village near Lyme Regis. For families, it is a chance to unwind and enjoy the charm the village has to offer. The village has two traditional pubs, as well as cafes. There are a post office, convenience store and bakers. The village is very picturesque and the National Trust controls significant portions of the scenic areas around the town. The area, famed for its fossils on the sandy beach is part of the World Heritage Jurassic Coast. Join in with a guided fossil hunt or visit the fossil centre to learn more. The beach is famous for its sandy shore and gently shelving waters make it the ideal family beach