Lower Farm Cottage
Located in Langton Herring, Dorset
This idyllic cottage rests in Langton Herring near Chickerell, Dorset and can sleep five people in two bedrooms.
- Sleeps: 5
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: 2
Lower Farm Cottage is a fabulous stone dwelling set within the village of Langton Herring near Chickerell. Hosting a triple bedroom with en-suite shower, and a double, this cottage can sleep up to five guests. The first floor is complete with a bathroom, whilst the ground floor is home to a kitchen/diner and a sitting room with an open fire. Outside, you will find an enclosed garden with outdoor furniture and off-road parking for three cars. Lower Farm Cottages is the perfect choice for a relaxing retreat to Dorset with your loved ones.
Resting in the quiet and picturesque village of Langton Herring, lies Lower Farm Cottage, a truly peaceful property in the coastal town of Dorset and close to the World Heritage Jurassic Coast and surrounding countryside.
Exuding character and charm, this traditional property boasts beautiful and original features whilst perfectly combining contemporary conveniences to ensure you and your family or group of friends have a superb self-catering stay. Step inside this attractive abode and be welcomed into the sitting room, home to exposed wooden beams and stonework along with the added warmth of an inglenook fireplace, the ideal spot for cosying up on those chilly evenings as you enjoy a film or family games night. The delightful English country kitchen diner is spacious and has all you need to rustle up a tasty meal for all to enjoy whilst planning your holiday itinerary or reminiscing on the past days’ adventures.
When night draws in, climb the stairs to one of the two bedrooms; one super king room and one triple room housing 3 single beds and an en-suite with basin and WC, along with an additional ground floor bathroom with bath, over-head shower, basin and WC.
The cottage boasts a large south-facing garden and sheltered patio area where children and dogs can play safety whilst you enjoy some alfresco dining in the warmer months, and just across the road next to the main farmhouse, you will find The Old Stable, a communal games room with a football and tennis table along with a selection of games and books to borrow and read at your leisure.
The bustling town of Weymouth can be reached within a 15-minute drive and here you will find a whole host of attractions for all ages. Revel in a pure bucket and spade fun on the glorious golden sandy beach teamed with safe and shallow waters, perfect for taking a dip or getting involved in some of the water sports on offer. The attractive esplanade is lined with shops, bars and cafes for you to grab a bite to eat or buy a souvenir to take back home, and the old historic harbour is a fabulous spot to sit and watch all the comings and goings of luxury yachts, fishing trawlers, tall ships, RNLI Lifeboats and across harbour rowing ferries. However you choose to spend your holiday, Lower Farm Cottage is an ideal home away from home and promises to be a joy to return to each day after exploring all things Dorset.
- Two bedrooms; 1 x triple room with en-suite basin and WC and 1 x super king
- Ground floor family bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC
- Sitting room with open fire
- Electric oven and hob, fridge, freezer, microwave, dishwasher, TV with DVD player, WiFi
- Fuel and power included in rent
- Bed linen and towels included in rent
- Highchair, travel cot and stairgate available on request
- Board games and books also available at the cottage
- Lawned front and back garden with patio area and BBQ
- Communal games room with table football, table tennis and a selection of garden and board games
- Communal washing machine and Tumble Dryer located in the games room
- Off-road parking available for three cars
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 2½ miles, The Elm Tree Inn is within walking distance and is less than ½ mile
- Note: Logs provided for open fire during winter months
- Note: There is an additional cost of £21 per week per pet
- Please note pets are not to be left alone at the property
Langton Herring is a small, but very pretty village. The village has a few original 17th and 18th century thatched cottages. It is quite a draw for artists and photographers. Known as the "thankful village" Langton Herring was one of the few villages spared any fatalities in the Great War. The village's local pub, The Elm Tree, offers excellent home-cooked food. It has a large beer garden, a large paddock for extra parking and is dog friendly. The pub has stories of smuggling and a possible hidden cellar used for contraband.