Lower Pound Farm
Located in Lyme Regis, Dorset
This beautiful stone farmhouse is set in a tranquil location and invites you to experience a slice of countryside living yet is within easy reach of the dramatic Dorset coast, famous for fossils, breathtaking views and mouthwatering seafood.
- Sleeps: 9
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: 2
Tucked at the end of its own private driveway and on the Devon and Dorset border, this delightful property is in the charming village of Monkton Wyld, which is a rural haven bordered by unspoilt countryside and acres of ancient woodland. This beautiful holiday let has spectacular views across the valley and down towards the sea, offering an array of exciting trails from your doorstep. Spend your days exploring near and far, enjoy the garden and watch the neighbouring horses grazing in the fields or venture to Lyme Regis or Charmouth beach 5 miles away for a day of fossil-hunting rounded off with a fresh seafood supper.
This quintessential detached property is homely and comforting from the outset, greeting you with a stunning array of flowering shrubs, climbing ivy and a sweeping lawn. Leave your outdoor boots and shoes in the quarry tiled hall, taking 3 steps up into the farmhouse-style kitchen for a well-deserved brew with homemade cake. You’ll have everything you need to prepare sumptuous suppers and light lunches, best enjoyed in the cosy dining room next door. Across the hallway, a step down takes you into the lounge, made deliciously warm by the wood burner tucked in the inglenook fireplace. The first double bedroom is accessed through the lounge via a small set of 4 steps. This light and airy bedroom have French doors leading out to a pretty terrace, it’s an irresistible nook for an evening G&T whilst catching glimpses of the sea. Also downstairs is the shower room, along with a quirky triple bedroom featuring three single beds that are ideal for younger guests. Upstairs you’ll discover two further spacious double bedrooms and an inviting bathroom with a shower over the bath and underfloor heating – far too tempting on chilly nights.
The gardens surrounding the property are bordered by natural hedgerows and are fantastic for lazy summer afternoons, relaxing whilst the children play on the sloping lawn. Take a stroll through the terraced gardens and pretty orchard, there is also a patio area with a BBQ, table and seating, perfect for al fresco meals and drinks.
Dogs are charged at £20 each per full or part week.
- Spacious, detached farmhouse tucked away in a peaceful and elevated spot above stunning countryside
- Extensive gardens with views across the valley to the sea and sweeping lawns just waiting to be explored
- An idyllic base for keen walkers, nature-lovers and within easy reach of the stunning Jurassic Coast
- 4 bedrooms: on the ground floor 1 double and 1 triple with 3 single beds; on the first floor 2 doubles
- 2 bathrooms: on the ground floor 1 shower room with WC; on the first floor 1 bathroom with shower over bath and WC
- Kitchen: electric double oven, gas hob, fridge, freezer, microwave, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher
- Wood burner in the lounge first basket of logs provided, more logs can be purchased from the owner
- Feature fireplace with a non-working wood burner in the triple bedroom
- Central heating provided and underfloor heating in the upstairs bathroom
- Off-road parking
- WiFi included superfast broadband
- 2 dogs welcome
- Shop/pub within 2 miles
- Cot/high chair (cot bedding and towels for babies are not supplied)
- TV/DVD in the lounge with Freeview
- Charcoal BBQ
- Garden is bordered by natural hedgerows
- Private water supply
- Christmas and New Year bookings real decorated Christmas tree
- A damage deposit of 150 will be required for this property
- A gardener may call during your stay the timing cannot be fixed as it is governed by the weather
- Please note if you book for 2, 3 or 4 weeks, you will receive a change of linen and towels on the normal change over da
Lyme Regis, nicknamed 'The Pearl of Dorset' lies on the World Heritage Jurassic Coast and is near Charmouth and the Devon border. Lyme Regis is a historic seaside resort and fishing port and boasts breathtaking scenery, making it a resort for all seasons. The town is famous for its fossils, often found on its beaches and cliffs. In fact, it was in the cliffs that the famous Ichthyosaur was discovered by Mary Anning, the daughter of a local fossil collector. She went on to find a complete Plesiosaur and the well-preserved remains of a flying reptile. Book a fossil walks with local experts to ensure you are both safe and full of knowledge by the end. The famous harbour wall known as 'The Cobb' featured in the film and novel of The French Lieutenant's Woman.
Lyme Regis is a great place to eat out and has a wide variety covering the globe as well as price. From traditional fish and chips to Asian fusion, Indian, Italian, Spanish and British. For foodies try Robin Wylde and their amazing taste menus. The Whole Hog will have you feeling full with excellent roasts while Red Panda offers Asian as well as a traditional British menu. For a proper wood-fired pizza try Pocco Pizza.