Located in Lyme Regis, Dorset
Set in an elevated leafy spot with distant views over Lyme Bay, this stylish property is the ideal base for two. Spend your days at the beach, taking long walks or simply relaxing with sundowners on the terrace.
- Sleeps: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: 1
Adjacent to the owners home yet with privacy assured this contemporary detached annexe is tucked in an elevated position above the popular town of Lyme Regis. Wander down into town and explore the bustling harbour, known as the Cobb and the pretty chocolate box streets, where you will find plenty of cafes, restaurants and boutique shops. If lazy days on the beach are more your style, you can take your pick from the stretch of sand and pebbles of Lyme Regis itself, as well as easy access to Charmouth and West Bay. Explore the surrounding countryside by bike or on foot, with many routes passing popular country pubs where you can rest a while.
From the gravelled parking area, approx 200m from the property, stroll along the road to the private entrance into this detached single-storey property, accessed via a flight of external steps. This striking bolthole is set into the hillside with bi-fold doors opening into the spacious open plan lounge/kitchen/diner, which has beautiful oak floors and contemporary décor, sure to make you feel immediately at home. The kitchen area is well equipped with an electric oven and hob, fridge, dishwasher and microwave. The poured concrete worktop incorporates a clever breakfast bar space, ideal for leisurely meals for two. The bright and airy lounge space is the ideal spot in which to relax after a long walk and offers a Smart TV. Heading through this room you will find an inviting double bedroom, with timber cladded feature wall and sea glimpses. Enjoy a long lay in here and watch your favourite programme on the Smart TV. An en suite shower room and WC completes the accommodation. There is also a washing machine and tumble dryer in the adjacent boiler room.
Heading outside you will find a patio area with garden furniture. Ideally positioned to make the most of any sunshine it s the perfect space to enjoy breakfast, or perhaps drinks in the evening. To the front of the property are steps leading to the road. From here it is approximately a 200m walk to the gravel parking area via steps, which will accommodate one car.
- This contemporary, eco-friendly retreat is hidden away above beautiful Lyme Bay with sea glimpses
- Visit the town centre and explore the charming harbour, beach and pretty cobbled streets
- Enjoy long walks with your four-legged friend or cycle along one of the many routes nearby
- 1 king-size bedroom
- En suite shower room with WC
- Electric oven and hob, fridge with ice compartment, microwave and dishwasher
- Washing machine and tumble dryer in the adjacent boiler room
- Electric and underfloor air source heating included
- Sky TV in the lounge and TV in the bedroom
- 1 dog welcome, please note dogs are not permitted in the bedroom
- Off-road parking for 1 car
- Property is accessed via a flight of external steps
- From the allocated parking space the entrance to the property is approx
- 200 m along the road, from here the property is accessed via a lockable gate and external steps lead up to the property
- Wi-Fi included
- 'His and hers' slippers provided
- Due to insurance purposes, BBQs or any fires/naked flames are strictly not permitted anywhere at the property
- Beach, shops and pubs within walking distance
Lyme Regis, nicknamed 'The Pearl of Dorset' lies on the World Heritage Jurassic Coast and is near Charmouth and the Devon border. Lyme Regis is a historic seaside resort and fishing port and boasts breathtaking scenery, making it a resort for all seasons. The town is famous for its fossils, often found on its beaches and cliffs. In fact, it was in the cliffs that the famous Ichthyosaur was discovered by Mary Anning, the daughter of a local fossil collector. She went on to find a complete Plesiosaur and the well-preserved remains of a flying reptile. Book a fossil walks with local experts to ensure you are both safe and full of knowledge by the end. The famous harbour wall known as 'The Cobb' featured in the film and novel of The French Lieutenant's Woman.
Lyme Regis is a great place to eat out and has a wide variety covering the globe as well as price. From traditional fish and chips to Asian fusion, Indian, Italian, Spanish and British. For foodies try Robin Wylde and their amazing taste menus. The Whole Hog will have you feeling full with excellent roasts while Red Panda offers Asian as well as a traditional British menu. For a proper wood-fired pizza try Pocco Pizza.