Located in Langton Matravers, Dorset
Nestling in the beautiful Purbeck Hills and just a short drive from the sandy beach at Swanage, this charming 19th century stone cottage is attractively situated in the picturesque hamlet of Acton.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: 2
Acton is a small rural hamlet of traditional stone cottages set amid the beautiful Purbeck Hills. Nearby is the charming village of Langton Matravers, and a short walk will take you to the famous Jurassic Coast and the dramatic bay called Dancing Ledge and then to St Aldhelm’s Head – a wonderful dramatic area of rocky coastline between Swanage and Chapmans Pool. This is part of the renowned Jurassic Coast and is known for its fossils and an amazing range of wildlife including puffins, gulls, seals and dolphins. The seaside resort of Swanage has a choice of restaurants, pubs and shops, and a wonderful sandy beach. A steam railway links the town with the historic village of Corfe Castle.
On entering this lovely detached stone cottage, which dates back to 1867, you will find a comfortable and welcoming lounge tastefully furnished with a mixture of old and new, a traditional wood burner and TV/DVD. You will also find an attractive kitchen/diner which has a cosy lounge area with seating, as well as a charming dining area and a wood burner. You will find the kitchen is fully equipped with an electric oven and hob, microwave, dishwasher and a fridge with an ice compartment. A washing machine, tumble dryer and freezer are housed in a separate utility room. From the lounge, take the steep cottage stairs up to the first floor. Here you will find two light and spacious double bedrooms, one with a king-size bed and an en-suite shower room complete with a shower and WC. There is also a bathroom complete with a shower over the bath and a WC. A door opens from the first-floor landing to reveal a staircase to the attic bedroom which provides an attractive and exciting den for children. The twin beds here are full size but, due to the low ceilings are most suitable for children.
Stepping outside you will find a lovely walled and gated garden at the rear of the cottage with a stone terrace, garden furniture and BBQ. There is also an area of lawn where you can relax and play games. The garden is on two levels with a small number of steps leading up from the back door. A further small walled garden is at the front of the cottage and there is a grassed area just beyond the quiet lane in front of the cottage where cars can be parked.
Dogs are charged at £20 each per full or part week.
- A lovely stone cottage set in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Situated in a picturesque and tranquil rural location
- Just a short drive from the delightful seaside resort of Swanage
- Perfect for exploring coastal paths and the Jurassic Coast
- This is a fantastic holiday base for glorious walks and bike rides
- Ideal for visiting Corfe Castle, Kimmeridge, Studland and Winspit
- 3 bedrooms 2 doubles and 1 twin
- 1 bathroom with shower over bath and WC
- 1 en suite shower room with WC
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, dishwasher and fridge with ice compartment
- Washing machine, tumble dryer and freezer in the utility room
- Coal/wood burner TV/DVD in lounge
- Wood burner in the dining room
- Walled and gated garden with garden furniture and BBQ
- Wi-Fi included
- Central heating and electric included
- Bed linen included
- The twin bedroom has a lower ceiling (especially suitable for children)
- Public house and village shop within 15 minutes walk
- 2 dogs welcome
Langton Matravers is a village located between Swanage and Corfe Castle. The village has a village shop and post office. The village also has two pubs which offer traditional home-cooked food. Visit the local museum and discover the history of the quarries in the village. There are many footpaths in Langton Matravers, making it a great place for walking. The most popular trail is along the South West Coast Path to take in the sights of The Dancing Ledge. This is a natural formation of rock ledge, which at times makes the water seem as if it is dancing. Visit Keates Quarry and discover the many limestone dinosaur footprints. For a great family day out visit the Putlake Adventure Farm and let the kids explore while you relax with a coffee.