Located in Charmouth, Dorset
This beautiful detached cottage comes with its own piece of ancient history; surrounding the rear courtyard is the 13th century Abbot's Wall.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: No
Situated in the charming village of Charmouth, this attractive cottage built in 1890 is ideally placed to access all local amenities and the nearby nature reserve. The property is located at the bottom of a steep lane, only half a mile from the beach, ideal for walking or relaxing and Lyme Regis, a tourist hotspot, is only 2 miles away. Why not join us over the Christmas break when you can take part in the Christmas Day swim on Charmouth beach if you’re brave enough!
The interior of the cottage is entered up two steps from the exterior into the light and airy hallway which incorporates ample coat and boot storage for after that country walks. The lounge is beautifully decorated with solid oak flooring, a toasty wood burner and an attractive bay window. This room is comfortable and cosy, a real home away from home. The adjoining double aspect kitchen/diner is well equipped with oak worktops and modern conveniences including a five ring hob ideal for those family meals or special occasions. French doors lead outside, and there is also a downstairs WC and utility room housing a washing machine and tumble dryer and a separate WC. Going upstairs, the landing boasts a full height floor to ceiling window which allows the light to flood in. The two bedrooms are both a good size with the 5ft double bedroom benefiting from beautiful sea views, a TV for lazy mornings and an en suite shower room. The twin room boasts a double aspect, again with sea views. There is a handy dressing room next to the twin room and the family bathroom is spacious and light, with both a bath and separate shower.
The front garden of the cottage is picket fenced and railings enclosed and has a gravelled seating area with decorative planters and a glimpse of the sea can be seen. The rear paved courtyard garden is the jewel of this property boasting a 13th century ancient Abbot s wall and glimpses of the ocean. This architecture is complemented by potted plants and climbers. Steps from the courtyard lead to the parking area with room for two cars.
- Spacious detached cottage with views towards the sea from the light and airy bedrooms
- Set in a delightful unspoilt seaside village in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Stroll to the fantastic beach world-renowned for its fossils or explore the many surrounding footpaths
- 2 bedrooms with sea views 1 double with en suite and 1 twin
- 2 bathrooms 1 family bathroom with bath, separate shower and WC; 1 en suite with shower and WC
- Additional downstairs WC
- Kitchen with five ring hob cooker, fridge, freezer, microwave and dishwasher
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- Central heating included
- Wood burner (logs/coal included Oct-Apr; kindling and firelighters not included)
- TV in the lounge, TV in the double bedroom
- Wi-Fi included
- Enclosed courtyard with seating
- Regret no pets
- Maximum 4 people occupancy
- Property located at the bottom of a steep lane
- Two steps from outside up into the property
- 2 car parking spaces for the property, up some steps at the rear of the property
- Local pub located 100 yards, local shop 300 yards
Charmouth is a beautiful, unspoiled seaside village near Lyme Regis. For families, it is a chance to unwind and enjoy the charm the village has to offer. The village has two traditional pubs, as well as cafes. There are a post office, convenience store and bakers. The village is very picturesque and the National Trust controls significant portions of the scenic areas around the town. The area, famed for its fossils on the sandy beach is part of the World Heritage Jurassic Coast. Join in with a guided fossil hunt or visit the fossil centre to learn more. The beach is famous for its sandy shore and gently shelving waters make it the ideal family beach