Located in Beaminster, Dorset
This stylish, contemporary house is tucked away in an elevated and tranquil position within the Dorset countryside. Located within easy reach of the beach at West Bay on the Jurassic Coast and all of the amenities Bridport and Beaminster have to offer.
- Sleeps: 15
- Bedrooms: 8
- Bathrooms: 6
- Pet Friendly: No
Set within expansive private grounds, this stylish, detached property overlooks the Dorset countryside from its high vantage point. Accessed via country lanes, this spacious, bright and airy house is ideal for exploring the coast and town, which are within easy reach. Nearby Bridport has a choice of restaurants, pubs and shops for those essential supplies as well as a selection of shops selling antiques and vintage curios, should you wish to seek out some treasures. Take a trip to West Bay, made famous by the TV series Broadchurch, with a sandy beach and stunning cliffs as the backdrop. As the gateway to the Jurassic Coast, you will find this area has an abundance of pretty towns and villages, ideal for walking and cycling.
Heading into the property you are met with a grand hallway that has a separate WC and leads into the inviting lounge, with a wood burner and doors to the garden it is the ideal spot to relax after a day spent exploring. Leading on from here is a music room with a piano and the dining room, which has a glass frontage and doors to the garden. Next, you will find the well-equipped kitchen with range style electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer, microwave and two dishwashers, a door from the kitchen leads out to the front garden with a seating area and is the perfect spot to enjoy a leisurely breakfast. Heading through the kitchen to the left-wing of the house is a useful utility room, with two washing machines, a tumble dryer and a fridge/freezer. Three bedrooms can be found on the left-wing of the ground floor, a king-size with en suite shower and WC and two twin bedrooms. Across the hallway is a bathroom with a shower over a bath and WC. Heading back through the kitchen and main hallway, to the right-wing of the house there is a cosy snug with TV and DVD, ideal for settling down with a film. Leading on from here is a king-size bedroom with an en suite shower and WC and a further bathroom with shower over bath and WC. Heading upstairs you will find a beautiful king-size bedroom with an en suite bathroom accessed up two steps with a freestanding bath, separate shower, his and her basins and WC. Leading on from here are three further bedrooms, a double, a twin and a single. Completing the first floor is a separate stylish bathroom with shower over bath and WC.
Venturing outside from the hallway you will find sweeping grounds with large areas of unenclosed lawn to the front and back of the house, plus a large uncovered pond (care to be taken with children). A steep slope to the rear is bordered by woodland. This beautiful space has garden furniture, making it the perfect spot for enjoying a drink or meal outdoors, there are plenty of places to sit and take in the tranquil surroundings. Ample off-road parking is provided on the generous gravel area to the front of the house.
- Hidden away in expansive grounds in rural Dorset, this is the perfect retreat for a quiet, relaxing holiday
- Surrounded by large undulating lawns with a beautiful outlook over an ornamental pond
- The whole family are sure to unwind here, with bright and airy rooms and an inviting wood burner
- 8 bedrooms 3 king-size, 3 twins, 1 double and 1 single
- 3 bathrooms, 2 en suite shower rooms, 1 en suite bathroom and 1 separate WC
- Range style electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer, microwave and 2 dishwashers
- Utility room with 2 washing machines, tumble dryer and fridge/freezer
- Wood burner (first basket of logs provided)
- Electric and central heating included
- Bed linen and towels included
- Ample off road parking
- Wi-Fi is available
- Regret no pets
- Beach 6 miles, shop 4 miles and pub 1 mile
- Increased accessibility please make sure you refer to our FAQs
- TV/DVD in the snug
- Private water supply
- BBQ's not permitted
- Due to the tranquil nature of the property, guests are politely requested to be mindful of keeping excessive noise to a minimum during unsociable hours, out of courtesy to neighbouring residents
- 500 security deposit payable for Christmas and New Year bookings
Beaminster is a small, picturesque town in the heart of West Dorset's Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The town has many local artists living here. In fact, the Beaminster Festival held in late June celebrates local artists and much more. Beaminster has two supermarkets, craft shops, and a cafe. Natural beauty is all around this town and an array of walks to explore either by foot or by bike. If you prefer to try something a little more unusual, explore the area in the company of Llamas or Donkey Walking Adventures. Mapperton House and Gardens is not only beautiful but is also free to RHS members. It lies just a short distance away and is a great day out. It is no stranger to featuring in films, you may have seen it in Daphne Du Maurier's "Rebecca". Famous faces you may see in the town include Martin Clunes who has now been a resident of the area for many years.