Rectory Coach House
Located in Shaftesbury, Dorset
Rectory Coach House is a wonderful, stylish coach house conversion, in the grounds of a Victorian Rectory dating back to 1861, in the village of Buckhorn Weston, with two bedrooms accommodating four people.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: No
Rectory Coach House is a stylish coach house conversion, situated in the grounds of the owner’s home; a Victorian rectory dating back to 1861, which the coach house once served. The property now has two bedrooms comprising of a double and a twin, as well as a bathroom, and a cloakroom rests on the ground floor. There is a kitchen with a dining area too, plus a sitting room with an electric flame-effect fire and patio doors leading into the enclosed courtyard garden, with furniture and a coal barbecue. There is also off-road parking for two cars and wonderful countryside and attractions to discover close by, making Rectory Coach House a wonderful escape for a family or group of friends.
Rectory Coach House is located in the pretty village of Buckhorn Weston about as far north as you can get before it becomes Somerset! This semi-detached former coach house is set in the grounds of a magnificent Victorian rectory dating back to 1861. This carbon neutral holiday cottage produces all its own electricity while inside you will find all the comforts of home set in the peace and tranquillity of rural Dorset. The local pub is less than a 2-minute walk away and offers great meals and real ales and there is also a children's play area on the village green, also 2 minutes walk away. You are perfectly positioned to explore both Dorset and Somerset from this location with Shaftesbury, Sherborne, Stonehenge, Glastonbury and Longleat all within an easy drive.
The accommodation at Rectory Coach House comprises of a lounge with electric fire, Freeview TV, DVD player, CD/radio, WiFi and a selection of books and games. The kitchen has a dining area and is equipped with a halogen hob, electric double oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer and dishwasher. A cloakroom rounds off the ground floor. Upstairs are two eaves bedrooms, one arranged as a double and one a twin. The bathroom has a bath with a shower over, basin and toilet. A travel cot and highchair can be provided upon request.
Outside is an enclosed patio complete with furniture and a Spanish-style barbecue. There is off-road parking for two cars. Your fuel, power, bed linen and towels are all included in the price.
- Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin
- Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC
- Ground floor basin and WC
- Kitchen with dining area
- Sitting room with electric fire
- Oil central heating with electric fire
- Electric double oven, halogen hob, microwave
- Fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, slimline dishwasher
- 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel and power included in rent
- Bed linen and towels included in rent
- Off-road parking for two cars
- Free Electric vehicle charging by arrangement
- Enclosed patio with furniture and Spanish-style coal barbecue
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub 2 miles
- Note: Although the bedrooms have sloping ceilings in the eaves, both have ample headroom
- Note: £50 refundable security deposit required for use of electric security gates, to be paid directly to the owner and returned upon departure
- Note: Solar panels generate all electricity
- Note: No stag/hen or similar
- Note: Regrettably this property is not suitable for children under 2 years old, including babies in arms
Shaftesbury is one of the highest and oldest towns in England, a beautiful town sitting in a glorious landscape. The town is the home of Gold Hill, made famous by the “Hovis” advert and with views across the Blackmore Vale and thatched cottages, it is very picturesque. The main shopping is around the High Street where there are lots of small, independent retailers as well as coffee shops and cafes and you will find craft shops down the side streets. Shaftsbury market takes place on Thursdays and sells local produce, all against the backdrop of Gold Hill and spectacular views.
In July, the Gold Hill Fair is a weekend event with music, dance and more. In June, join in with the Shaftesbury festival. This is a weeklong celebration, enjoy music, entertainment and even dog shows - fun for all the family. At the end of August visit the Gillingham and Shaftesbury Show. This has over 500 exhibitors and a host of events making this a fantastic day out for all the family, jam-packed with entertainment for all ages.
Longleat House, the Safari and Adventure Park, is a great day out and is just a 30 minute drive away. You can see lions, tigers, wolves, cheetahs and a whole host of other animals. There are seasonal events and tours on offer or visit the house and gardens. Explore Old Wardour Castle, run by English Heritage. The castle featured in Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, find the turrets and the views from the top of the castle to beautiful countryside beyond.