Located in Charmouth, Dorset
Built in 1797 as part of Charmouth's Almshouse, this light and welcoming property is now a fantastic holiday base for a family looking to explore Dorset s countryside and the glorious Jurassic Coast.
- Sleeps: 5
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: 1
Situated on a steep, secluded lane that leads to a small nature reserve, this pretty semi-detached cottage is nestled in the idyllic village of Charmouth and is perfect for exploring the Jurassic Coast. Charmouth Beach is just half a mile away and is the best fossil-hunting beach in the county. Lyme Regis is nearby and is famous for its links to Jane Austen and Henry Fielding. You can visit the 13th century Cobb Harbour, or sample the town’s great range of independent shops, pubs and restaurants. Further along, the coast are several glorious beaches including Eype (8 miles), West Bay (9.5 miles) and Hive Beach (11 miles). You can also explore Golden Cap (5 miles) or venture inland to delightful towns including Bridport (8 miles) and Beaminster (14.5 miles).
On entering this pretty cottage you can leave coats and boots in the hall and go through to the light and attractive lounge. With plenty of seating, TV/DVD, iPod dock and a wood burner set in a large beamed inglenook, this is an ideal place to relax at the end of a great day. You will also find a charming dining area that is perfect for sharing a family meal. The bright and stylish kitchen is equipped with an oven, fridge, freezer, microwave and dishwasher. The washing machine is stored in an outhouse accessed via six steps. There is also a delightful sunroom to relax in, with seating and views across the garden. Going upstairs, you will find two comfortable bedrooms on the first floor. Firstly, there is a spacious, dual aspect double bedroom with a king-size bed, pretty window seat and a TV, and also a single bedroom. Both bedrooms have far-reaching countryside views. Completing the first floor is the bathroom which has a shower over the small bath and a WC. A steep and winding staircase leads up to the second floor where you will find a twin bedroom with sea glimpses. This bedroom has access to a separate WC on the second floor – please note, both these rooms have low eaves.
Stepping outside, the rear enclosed garden is a lovely space to unwind in, with paved seating areas, a BBQ and fantastic rural views. Off-road parking for 1 small/medium-sized car is available on the gated drive, with additional parking on the lane.
Dogs are charged at £20 each per full or part week.
- This charming cottage is an idyllic coastal getaway for families, nature-lovers, cyclists and keen walkers
- Set in a delightful unspoilt seaside village in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty on the Jurassic Coast
- Stroll to the fantastic beach world-renowned for its fossils or explore the many surrounding footpaths
- 3 bedrooms 1 king-size, 1 single, 1 twin
- 1 bathroom with shower over small bath and WC
- 1 WC on second floor
- Kitchen electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher
- TV/DVD, iPod dock and TV in the king-size bedroom
- Selection of books
- Wood burner logs included October end of April
- Washing machine in the outhouse
- Enclosed garden with outdoor furniture and BBQ
- Off-road parking for one small/medium-sized car
- 1 dog welcome dogs are not permitted upstairs
- Central heating and electricity included
- Wi-Fi included
- Steep, winding cottage-style stairs lead to the second floor
- Beach ½ mile
- Shop 400 metres
- Pubs 400 metres
- Lyme Regis 2 miles
- Regret no children under the age of 5
Charmouth is a beautiful, unspoiled seaside village near Lyme Regis. For families, it is a chance to unwind and enjoy the charm the village has to offer. The village has two traditional pubs, as well as cafes. There are a post office, convenience store and bakers. The village is very picturesque and the National Trust controls significant portions of the scenic areas around the town. The area, famed for its fossils on the sandy beach is part of the World Heritage Jurassic Coast. Join in with a guided fossil hunt or visit the fossil centre to learn more. The beach is famous for its sandy shore and gently shelving waters make it the ideal family beach