Located in Wareham, Dorset
Surrounded by historic landmarks, rolling countryside and excellent links to the coast, this converted barn is the perfect retreat for families seeking a holiday with a difference.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: 2
Located just 1 mile from the historic Saxon town of Wareham, this cosy accommodation is the perfect base for exploring the Purbeck region of beautiful Dorset. With exciting places to visit steeped in history from castles to chocolate-box villages, you’ll be able to explore to your heart’s content. Keen walkers will adore the variety of scenic trails on offer, with the Hartland Moor Nature Reserve on your doorstep.
Stepping inside this charming single-level property you’ll be greeted with a tiled entrance hall, complete with a handy space to store coats and muddy boots. To your right is the heart of the home; a spacious and light-filled living area featuring an impressive kitchen, dining area and comfortable lounge. Decorated with refreshing neutral tones, contemporary furniture and rustic wooden flooring, it’s a wonderful space for families to gather and spend quality time together. Sizzle up some bacon for leisurely breakfasts at the table, retreat to the lounge to plan the day’s itinerary, or step outside to enjoy a fresh pot of coffee on the patio. Along the hallway you’ll discover the bathroom and three bedrooms, each one finished in a soothing country-cottage style with soft linen and a TV. The master double bedroom has an en-suite shower room, ideal for an invigorating shower after a busy day.
To the front of the property is an attractive gravel area dotted with pretty shrubs and flowerpots, providing ample parking for two cars. To the rear, there is a decked area with garden furniture and a BBQ for al fresco dining.
Dogs are charged at £20 each per full or part week.
- Single-level cottage packed with home comforts, enjoy a BBQ on your private decked patio
- Set in tranquil surroundings accessed via a quiet country lane with an abundance of scenic walks available on the doorstep
- Less than 4 miles away from historic landmarks such as Corfe Castle, an excellent vantage point for exploring the Jurassic Coast
- 3 bedrooms 1 double, 1 twin zip and link (can be converted into a 6ft double on request), and 1 single with an additional single stored underneath
- 1 bathroom and 1 en suite shower room
- Oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and washing machine
- Central heating provided
- Off-road parking for 2 cars
- WiFi included
- 2 dogs welcome by arrangement
- Garden with seating
- Pub and shop less than 0
- 5 miles away
- TV/DVD in the lounge with Freesat, TV in each bedroom
- Cot and highchair available on request
- A damage deposit of 150 will be required for this property
- Please note if you book for 2, 3 or 4 weeks, you will receive a change of linen and towels on the normal changeover day
- Starter pack of supplies including dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, a bin liner and milk when available
- Additional parking available for jet ski/boat and trailer by prior arrangement
- 2 boatyards/slipways within a mile
Wareham is a very pretty, riverside town. It is one of the few remaining Saxon towns. Explore Wareham Walls to learn the towns 2000 year history. Discover stories of the Viking war, the civil war stories and the gruesome executions. Visit the Museum and learn all about the local history and the connection with Lawerence of Arabia.
There are a variety of supermarkets, shops, cafes, pubs with gardens and restaurants to choose from as well as a weekly farmers market. The towns quay plays a vital part in the village and it is here that you can pick up a trip on a traditional paddle steamer down the river. Relax with your picnic by the river or explore the many bike trails that are catered to all ages and abilities. If you fancy fossil hunting then visit Kimmeridge Bay or relax on a sandy beach in Studland or Swanage.
Monkey world near Wareham is well worth a visit. Meet the rescued lemurs, orangutans and many more. After all this walking, there is a vast, lawned, adventure play area for the children to run and explore while the adults sit and relax with a coffee.