The Cow Stalls Old Boywood Farm
Located in Buckland Newton, Dorset
Stylish barn conversion property sleeping six located on the owner's farm in the Dorset countryside, benefitting from its own outdoor spaces including a walled garden and private wildflower meadow with a wood-fired hot tub.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 3
- Pet Friendly: No
This property enjoys a tranquil location on the owners’ smallholding in the heart of the Dorset countryside. Surrounded by farmland and walks, this is the perfect spot for nature lovers, wildlife enthusiasts and stargazers as there is no light pollution. Just a mile from the property, the village of Hazelbury Bryan has a welcoming pub which guests can walk to from the property on the footpaths across the fields. Ten miles to the north-west of the property, the town of Sherborne makes for a lovely day trip, with its two castles and imposing abbey which was founded in AD 705. Fifteen miles to the south, meanwhile, is the town of Dorchester, which has a surprising number of unusual attractions including a Tutankhamun museum, a Teddy Bear museum, and a Terracotta Army exhibit, as well as a good range of shops, tea rooms, and pubs. Other attractions within easy reach of the property include the Fleet Air Arm Museum, the town of Glastonbury with its atmospheric abbey ruins, and the beaches of the Jurassic Coast which lie 23 miles south of the property.
Guests approach this stylish property through the walled garden, from where the front door opens onto the impressive open-plan lounge/kitchen/diner with its beamed ceiling and contemporary Scandinavian feel. A large dining table occupies the centre of this space, a perfect spot for lingering over long meals and enjoying one another’s company. The lounge area has two comfortable sofas, a TV/DVD, and a wonderfully warming wood burner which ensures that the property retains a lovely cosy feel, even on the coldest of winter days. At the far end of the room, the kitchen area is well-equipped, offering an oven, hob, microwave, and dishwasher, whilst the fridge/freezer and washing machine can be found in a separate utility room. Moving through to the sleeping accommodation, there are three bedrooms, all of which act as fine examples of the owners’ thoughtful attention to detail, and all benefitting from their own TV and bathroom facilities. Two of these are king-size rooms, the first of which has an adjacent bathroom with shower-over-bath and WC, whilst the second bedroom boasts an en-suite shower room with WC and can be made up as a twin room on request. The third bedroom is a pleasant twin room that has an en-suite shower and WC. There is also a convenient cloakroom with a WC.
To the front of the property, there is a delightful walled garden that is partially set to lawn and has a gravelled seating area with garden furniture and a BBQ. Guests also have exclusive use of a private wildflower meadow where you will find a private wood-fired hot tub set on raised decking and accessed via walkways. There is a separate games room with table football and there is also plenty of space for children to play in the enclosed garden or on the large shared lawn area, which is a great spot for outdoor games or for children to burn off some energy. By arrangement with the owners, guests can explore the walks across their land or challenge your companions to a game of Poohsticks in the stream. There is ample off-road parking available.
- Perfect rural sanctuary tucked away at the end of a private drive with access to open countryside
- Spacious and beautifully presented accommodation with a wood-fired hot tub and games room
- Ideal for families, walkers and nature lovers looking to escape the hustle and bustle in a serene location
- 3 bedrooms: 2 king-size and 1 twin
- 3 bathrooms 2 en suite shower room with WC; 1 bathroom with shower over bath and WC opposite one of the king-size bedrooms
- Kitchen: oven, hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, and washer/dryer
- TV/DVD in lounge
- TV in all the bedrooms
- Wi-Fi included
- Heating and electric included
- Wood burner with the first basket of logs included (more available to purchase on site)
- Fresh eggs can be purchased on site
- Honey, seasonal fruit and vegetables can be purchased from the owners when available
- Wood-fired hot tub set on raised decking and accessed via walkways in the wildflower meadow
- Towels are provided for the hot tub, guests are asked to take their own footwear to access the hot tub via the walkway
- Wood for the hot tub is included for the first 2 burns (more available to purchase on site)
- Games room with table football
- Variety of lawn games available including croquet, quoits and giant Jenga
- Regret no pets
- Suitable for families with twin babies, with two highchairs and two cots
- Secure storage available in the games room for bicycles
- Shop and pub (drinks only) 1 mile, beach 26 miles
- Arrival at 4 pm
Buckland Newton is a pretty village in Dorset on the edge of Dorset's Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The village has a playing field and playground as well as a village shop, post office and pub. There are an abundance of country walks to discover here that will take you off the beaten track and allow you to enjoy the countryside and views.
For those who love action, then visit the Henley Hillbillies. Here you can drive quad bikes, Polaris Ace buggies, Mini Mavriks and even hover crafts. Or try your hand at shooting with the option for clay pigeon, archery, crossbows and air rifles. Nearby towns include Sherborne and Dorchester with a wealth of attractions. Visit Cerne Abbas and enjoy a relaxing lunch in the beer gardens of a choice of three pubs, all are dog friendly. Explore its famous chalk giant and wonderful countryside and take in the wonderful views surrounding you.
Those who like horticulture will appreciate Minterne Gardens in the nearby village of Minterne Magna. Set in over two hundred acres of stunning landscapes, streams, and cascades, this is a garden to remember. You can break up exploring by relaxing over a refreshment from the cafe and enjoy the views over the lake. Dorchester is a 20 minute car journey away, so here you can experience the sedate country way of life, knowing that the hustle of bustle of town life is never far away.