The Glass House
Located in Warmwell, Dorset
Unique detached house with spacious rooms, contemporary style, wood burner and easy access to the Jurassic Coast. The ideal setting for a family holiday or special occasion
- Sleeps: 8
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 3
- Pet Friendly: 2
Tucked back from the A352, which leads to the county town of Dorchester in the west and the historic walled town of Wareham in the east, this property is ideally placed for touring. The Jurassic coastline and stunning rolling countryside line the route in whichever direction you head. The village of Owermoigne itself has a well-stocked farm shop selling both essential supplies and artisan foods. Some of Dorset’s most iconic landmarks are within easy reach, including Durdle Door and Lulworth Cove or enjoy a fun-filled day out at Monkey World, the traditional seaside town of Weymouth, Corfe Castle with its National Trust owned ruins or the Tank Museum.
An electric gated gravel driveway leads to the front door. Once inside you are met with a striking full height entrance hall, which is sure to give a warm welcome. To the right is a contemporary kitchen complete with a large island, electric ovens and induction hob, steam oven, microwave, fridge/freezer and dishwasher. Just next door is a handy utility room with a washing machine and tumble dryer and a separate WC. Leading on from here the open-plan space wraps around to the rear of the property and includes a comfortable dining room, snug area with seating overlooking the garden and a fabulous lounge with a wood burner and smart TV. Completing the ground floor is a cinema room with smart TV and feature lighting. Heading upstairs via the centrally set staircase you will initially come to a generous landing area, which is the ideal space to curl up with a good book. To the left are three bedrooms. The first is a king-size with en-suite shower room and WC. There are then two charming twin bedrooms, which make use of the family bathroom including a fabulous self-filling bath, twin sinks and a walk in shower. The final bedroom is situated to the right of the staircase and is a beautiful king-size with an en-suite shower room, WC and a fabulous galleried seating area overlooking the front garden
Heading outside via bi-fold doors from the lounge, snug or dining area will bring you into the striking landscaped garden. There are various places to sit, raised beds and areas of lawn to enjoy. Ample off-road parking can be found to the front of the property, accessed via an electric gated entrance.
Dogs are charged at £20 each per full or part week.
- Striking and luxurious detached house with fantastic road links, ideal for touring around Dorset
- The sociable, open-plan layout is ideal for family gatherings and celebrating special occasions
- Easy access to the coast and much-photographed locations including Lulworth Cove and Durdle Door
- 4 bedrooms 2 king-size and 2 twins
- 1 bathroom, 2 en suite shower rooms and 1 separate WC
- Electric ovens and hob, steam oven, microwave, fridge/freezer and dishwasher
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- Travel cot and highchair available on request
- Wood burner (1st basket of logs included)
- Smart TV in the lounge, king-size bedroom and cinema room, portable TV in a twin room
- Fully enclosed split level garden with areas of patio and lawn (care to be taken with small children)
- Ample off road parking
- Beach 5 miles, pub 2 miles and shop within walking distance
Warmwell is a small, peaceful village situated between Weymouth and Dorchester. It is an ideal base for exploring the hidden delights of the Jurrasic Coast and the surrounding areas. Explore Lulworth Cove, Ringstead or Dorchester and its museums, all within a short drive. Visit the Dorset Snowsports Centre in Warmwell itself for sone ski or snowboard practice. There are no shops in Warmwell, however, Broadmayne has a local convenience store which is in the next village. Being so close to Weymouth gives you the best of both worlds. The peaceful retreat that you perhaps want, combining it with the knowledge that the hustle and bustle of Weymouth are close by.