The Old Forge
Located in Bridport, Dorset
This large cottage in a quiet Dorset village is an ideal place for families to spend quality time together and in a good central location allowing easy access to the whole of the Dorset Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Sleeps: 8
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 3
- Pet Friendly: 1
In the picturesque village of Uploders, this semi-detached, stone cottage blends seamlessly into its surroundings. Situated on a quiet village lane, you will be able to enjoy the tranquillity from the large, terraced garden whilst appreciating the far-reaching views of the Dorset countryside. There are footpaths to explore from the doorstep and the area is good for keen cyclists. There is a village pub within 100 metres, a shop within 2 miles and you are only 1.5 miles from the A35, which provides easy access to the rest of Dorset. Go south for the World Heritage Jurassic Coast, west to find the popular seaside town of Lyme Regis (13 miles), and east for the unique Chesil Beach (18 miles) and the seaside town of Weymouth (21 miles).
Stepping into the property, you will find yourself in a spacious and welcoming hallway. Leading off from here is the L shaped open plan lounge/kitchen/dining area where there is room for all the family to enjoy. The décor is an eclectic mix of traditional furniture and modern touches, creating a welcoming, homely feel. The modest kitchen has everything you’ll need to create a meal for everyone and there is plenty of seating around the dining table for those special, family meals. Moving around to the lounge area, it is split into two, providing a second area for people who want a quiet moment with a book or crossword, but don t want to miss out on the action. The main lounge area has a wood burner for those cosy, cold evenings and a Smart TV. And for those hot, summer days, French doors lead out to the patio and garden. There is also a separate WC downstairs adjacent to the utility room, which has a washing machine and a sink, with a stable door leading out to the garden. The first floor of the cottage is very spacious with four good sized bedrooms. The Master bedroom overlooks the rear garden and has an en suite bathroom with a bath, handheld shower and WC. The second double bedroom has an en suite shower room with WC and the twin bedroom and bunk bedroom share the family bathroom which has a bath, handheld shower and WC. Like downstairs, there is a variety of traditional furniture throughout which creates an interesting, homely feel. All bedrooms have lovely views of the garden or the village.
French doors lead out from the living area to a large sunny patio with outdoor furniture, making it a perfect place for al fresco family meals. There is a 7 seater hot tub available on request (please note this needs to be requested at the point of booking). From the patio, there is a gate with steps leading up to the split level lawns. The different levels of the garden are accessed by flights of steps, which may not be suitable for young children. At the top of the garden, there is a further dining area which makes the most of the breathtaking views.
- A traditional stone cottage with plenty of space and a relaxing hot tub for the ultimate luxury break
- Large, terraced garden with far-reaching views of the local countryside including Eggardon Hill
- Set on a quiet village lane and close to Dorset’s beautiful World Heritage Jurassic Coast
- 4 bedrooms 2 doubles, 1 twin and 1 bunk bed
- 1 family bathroom with bath, handheld shower and WC; 1 en suite shower room with shower and WC; 1 en suite with bath, handheld shower and WC; separate WC downstairs
- Kitchen 5 ring range, double oven, dishwasher
- Utility room with washing machine
- Private 7 seater hot tub (available upon request at point of booking, no additional charge)
- Central heating and wood burner logs included October end of April
- Smart TV in the lounge, TV and DVD in the master bedroom, TV and DVD in the second lounge
- Wi-Fi included (email and web browsing only)
- Selection of books, games and DVDs
- A hairdryer is available
- 1 dog welcome
- Terraced rear garden with seating
- Parking for 2 cars available outside the property on the village lane
- Pub 200 metres
- Shop 2 miles
Bridport is a small, busy market town on Dorset's Jurassic Coast. The town has quite a few independent shops, a supermarket, cafes and restaurants. There are also local markets here each week. Bridport has an arts centre, cinema, and museum. The museum includes an exhibition of the town's long history of rope-making amongst other exhibits. The town hosts the local food festival for a week at the end of June and ends with the Round Table Beer Festival. The town holds its annual carnival on the third Saturday in August. Visit Palmers Thatched Brewery to sample local beers and ale. Explore Mangerton Mill which is still a working water mill, visit the tea rooms attached and finish off with a country walk by the river.