The Olde Chapel School House
Located in Buckland Newton, Dorset
A lovingly converted chapel nestled in the tranquil rural village of Duntish, boasting wonderful walks through Dorset's area of natural beauty.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Pet Friendly: 2
A beautifully restored Chapel, in the heart of rural Dorset and which is steeped in history. Ideal for a family or group to head away from the hustle and bustle of daily life to enjoy a peaceful escape within one of Dorset’s prettiest locations. Nestled between the county town of Dorchester and the market town of Sherborne, there are many local attractions to explore from one of Dorset’s biggest markets in Dorchester to a visit to the historical Sherborne Abbey. In addition, there is a footpath from the doorstep leading across fields (on occasion there may be livestock) which leads to the next village and pub.
Through the impressive front door of the chapel, you’re welcomed into this gloriously historic building. On the ground floor, there is a fabulous, spacious open-plan lounge/diner with wonderful features including stained glass windows. The lounge offers a cosy space to sit and relax in front of the wood burner and a TV/DVD can also be found here. The dining table offers ample seating for up to four, nestled behind the character staircase. Just off the lounge is where both single bedrooms are located, with access to the second bedroom from the first. You’ll find the cosy den with a PS2 and a day bed at the top of the steep open tread steps, accessible from the second single bedroom. Also off the lounge is the wet room style shower room and WC. Completing the ground floor is the kitchen which has an electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, dishwasher, washing machine and doors opening out into the light and airy conservatory where the views of the far-reaching countryside beyond are breath-taking. Heading upstairs to the first floor, you will find the Master super-king-size bedroom which has a TV, sofa bed (suitable for a child under 10 years old) and an en-suite bathroom with shower over bath and WC.
Sit and relax in the sheltered hot tub, taking in the wonderful views over the rolling hills at the back of the house, the well-maintained garden offers the ideal spot to sit outside and enjoy the country ambience, if the weather turns then this can all still be enjoyed from the light and airy conservatory.
Dogs are charged at £20 each per full or part week.
- Striking property, steeped in history and situated in the heart of rural Dorset
- Boasting an enclosed garden and a sheltered hot tub, from where you can admire the breathtaking views
- Direct access to countryside walks and within a short drive to the Jurassic Coast
- 3 bedrooms 1 super king-size on the first floor and 2 singles on the ground floor (second room accessed from the first)
- Sleeps 4 1 1 additional bed available on request at time of booking and suitable for a child under 10 years old, an additional bed is either the pull out sofa bed in the Master bedroom or the day bed in the den (maximum occupancy is 5 guests 1 infant)
- 2 bathrooms 1 wet room style shower room with WC on the ground floor, 1 en suite bathroom with bath, shower over bath and WC on the first floor
- Kitchen electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge with ice compartment, dishwasher and washing machine
- Electric and central heating included
- Hot tub
- Bathrobes and slippers provided
- Wood burner (first basket of logs included from October until the end of March)
- TV and DVD player in the lounge, TV in the super king-size bedroom
- Guests can access their own accounts for Netflix, Amazon, YouTube on both TV s
- Cosy den accessed from the second single bedroom via steep open tread stairs which has a day bed and PS2 with a selection of games and books
- Allocated parking for 1 car
- Wi-Fi included
- 2 dogs welcome
- Gas BBQ
- Pub and shop within walking distance
Buckland Newton is a pretty village in Dorset on the edge of Dorset's Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The village has a playing field and playground as well as a village shop, post office and pub. There are an abundance of country walks to discover here that will take you off the beaten track and allow you to enjoy the countryside and views.
For those who love action, then visit the Henley Hillbillies. Here you can drive quad bikes, Polaris Ace buggies, Mini Mavriks and even hover crafts. Or try your hand at shooting with the option for clay pigeon, archery, crossbows and air rifles. Nearby towns include Sherborne and Dorchester with a wealth of attractions. Visit Cerne Abbas and enjoy a relaxing lunch in the beer gardens of a choice of three pubs, all are dog friendly. Explore its famous chalk giant and wonderful countryside and take in the wonderful views surrounding you.
Those who like horticulture will appreciate Minterne Gardens in the nearby village of Minterne Magna. Set in over two hundred acres of stunning landscapes, streams, and cascades, this is a garden to remember. You can break up exploring by relaxing over a refreshment from the cafe and enjoy the views over the lake. Dorchester is a 20 minute car journey away, so here you can experience the sedate country way of life, knowing that the hustle of bustle of town life is never far away.