Located in Bridport, Dorset
Escape to a peaceful pocket of Dorset with this charming home from home that s full of original features.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: 1
Situated in a row of cottages on a no-through lane, this property is perfect for those in search of some peace and quiet. At the end of the lane, a bridleway leads to the privately-owned pebble and shingle beach at Seatown, popular among fossil collectors, fishermen and families alike. Chideock itself is a small, hilly village with two popular pubs and surrounded by beautiful unspoilt countryside in a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. A 4-mile drive east will bring you to West Bay, a bustling seaside resort also known as the golden gateway to the Jurassic Coast.
Leave coats, bags and boots in the useful entrance hall and continue through to the spacious lounge. With exposed beams, antique furniture and comfortable seating, this is a homely room for relaxing all day long. Curl up with a good book on the window seat or hunker down beside the roaring wood burner while you watch your favourite programme on the Smart TV. Heading through the lounge you will come into a traditional farmhouse style kitchen/dining room that features stone flooring, a Belfast sink, bespoke units, oak worktops and a door opening onto the garden. The kitchen/diner is equipped with everything you should need for preparing tasty family meals, including an electric oven and hob, fridge with ice compartment, microwave and dishwasher. There is also a washing machine. Upstairs are two well-presented bedrooms, one light and airy double room with a wrought iron bed, original floorboards and TV/DVD, the other bedroom is a twin with an original cottage window and slightly reduced height in the eaves. Completing the first floor is the bathroom which has a bath with an overhead shower and WC.
Stepping outside is a wonderful cottage garden that has been beautifully planted with colourful shrubs, trees and flowers. There are a lawn area and a garden table and chairs for enjoying al fresco meals and drinks in the summer months. There is off-road parking for one car.
- Chocolate-box Dorset cottage with a delightful enclosed garden set on a peaceful no-through lane
- Located a few steps from a bridleway that leads down to the stunning beach at Seatown
- Idyllic getaway in the heart of the Jurassic Coast and in the Dorset Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- 2 bedrooms 1 double and 1 twin
- 1 bathroom with bath, overhead shower and WC
- Kitchen electric oven and hob, microwave, dishwasher, fridge with ice compartment and washing machine
- Smart TV and Blu ray DVD player in lounge
- TV/DVD in the double bedroom
- Wi-Fi included
- Selection of books, games and DVDs
- Wood burner logs included October end of April
- Underfloor heating downstairs, night storage heaters in the bedrooms
- 1 dog welcome
- Enclosed garden with seating
- Outside tap for muddy boots and paws
- Off-road parking for 1 car
- Beach, shop and pubs within walking distance
Bridport is a small, busy market town on Dorset's Jurassic Coast. The town has quite a few independent shops, a supermarket, cafes and restaurants. There are also local markets here each week. Bridport has an arts centre, cinema, and museum. The museum includes an exhibition of the town's long history of rope-making amongst other exhibits. The town hosts the local food festival for a week at the end of June and ends with the Round Table Beer Festival. The town holds its annual carnival on the third Saturday in August. Visit Palmers Thatched Brewery to sample local beers and ale. Explore Mangerton Mill which is still a working water mill, visit the tea rooms attached and finish off with a country walk by the river.