Well Cottage Beaminster
Located in Beaminster, Dorset
This stone cottage, nestled among a pack of idyllic cottages on the banks of the River Brit in Beaminster on a no through road, offers the perfect combination of comfort, beauty and a base for rural exploration.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Pet Friendly: 1
This lovely country prospect sits among great company in a row of stone cottages and Grade II-listed buildings. The cottage is close to the village’s bustling square where local farmers set up shop at Beaminster’s frequent markets. When guests are not cooking delicious meals using local produce that they discovered at the market, they may want to stay local and enjoy the rural atmosphere and community at the local pub just 100 yards away. The property is also just 7 miles away from the coast and a range of outdoor trails and nature walks, which will appeal to outdoor types and adventure seekers.
The entrance space of this property highlights its exposed beams, reminding you of the Grade II listed status. The open-plan living and dining area has a tiled floor and a nook below the window, perfect for relaxing after an evening by the sea. This area is decorated with tasteful and bright décor which sets the mood for the rest of the cottage. You will also discover that this area is home to a Smart TV, a complimentary Netflix account and the perfect backdrop to any romantic or family setting – a glowing and cosy log burner. The rest of the property boasts a fully-equipped kitchen, an office with a seat by the window, a WC, and up the steep cottage style stairs are the two king-size bedrooms. Completing the first floor is a bathroom that has both a shower and a separate bathtub.
The outside of the property is equally as impressive as the interior of the cottage. At the back of the stone building is a cobbled courtyard with a comfortable garden seat waiting for you to enjoy the last rays of sunshine before dinner is served. However, just 12 stone steps further up and you will find a second private garden area complete with lawn and a patio space with patio furniture for entertaining and outdoor dining.
Dogs are charged at £20 each per full or part week.
- This delightful cottage is brimming with rustic charm complemented by contemporary features
- Ideal for a Dorset getaway with amenities a stroll away and a short drive to the Jurassic Coast
- A great base for walkers and cyclists with access to an array of trails and routes from the doorstep
- 2 bedrooms 1 double and 1 king-size zip and link which can be made into twin 2'6" beds on request at the time of booking
- 1 bathroom with separate shower cubicle and WC and a separate WC downstairs
- Smart TV with Netflix
- Electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, washer/dryer
- Wood burner (logs included October end of April)
- Central heating
- On-street parking available in the village
- Wi-Fi included
- 1 dog welcome, 2 dogs by arrangement
- The first floor is reached via steep cottage style stairs with a rope handrail
- 7 miles to the coast
- 6 miles to Bridport
- 100 yards to pubs and shops
- Regret no children under the age of 5
Beaminster is a small, picturesque town in the heart of West Dorset's Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The town has many local artists living here. In fact, the Beaminster Festival held in late June celebrates local artists and much more. Beaminster has two supermarkets, craft shops, and a cafe. Natural beauty is all around this town and an array of walks to explore either by foot or by bike. If you prefer to try something a little more unusual, explore the area in the company of Llamas or Donkey Walking Adventures. Mapperton House and Gardens is not only beautiful but is also free to RHS members. It lies just a short distance away and is a great day out. It is no stranger to featuring in films, you may have seen it in Daphne Du Maurier's "Rebecca". Famous faces you may see in the town include Martin Clunes who has now been a resident of the area for many years.